Hello everyone. My very old Dell laptop finally broke running Windows XP. I decided that before attempting to wipe the HD and start over I should at least try and rescue any files or data that is on it. I booted from KNOPPIX 6.0.1 and had no problems with accessing anything on my computer (minus internet of course). I could see my Windows HD just fine, and could look through the files in it. I was planning on transferring things over to another HD, but I don't have it with me right now. Anyways, I moved some files from the Windows HD to the KNOPPIX desktop and tried to open the folders. I received a message saying I don't have enough permissions or something along those lines. Even when accessing these from the command line as root, nothing changed. Anyone know what to do? Thank you in advance.

16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR3 Gamer Desktop RAM PC3 MIXED BRANDS VIPER VENGEANCE FURY
$10.00
Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99
Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666 PC4-21300 288-Pin DIMM RAM M393A4K40CB1CRC0Q
$185.00
Micron 16GB (2x8GB) 2Rx8 DDR3 1600MHz PC3-12800U Desktop RAM
$19.99
Crucial 32GB(4 x 8GB) CT8G4DFS824A.C8FDD1 DDR4-2400 UDIMM Desktop RAM - CR352A
$89.95
Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC
$29.99
A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68
DDR4 Laptop RAM 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB 2400 2666 3200 Samsung Hynix
$66.00
Corsair Vengeance DDR3 8GB 16GB 32GB 1866MHz PC3-14900 Desktop RAM Memory DIMM
$85.00
Dell 16GB PC4-21300 (DDR4-2666) Memory (SNPPWR5TC16G)
$89.99