Hello everyone. My very old Dell laptop finally broke running Windows XP. I decided that before attempting to wipe the HD and start over I should at least try and rescue any files or data that is on it. I booted from KNOPPIX 6.0.1 and had no problems with accessing anything on my computer (minus internet of course). I could see my Windows HD just fine, and could look through the files in it. I was planning on transferring things over to another HD, but I don't have it with me right now. Anyways, I moved some files from the Windows HD to the KNOPPIX desktop and tried to open the folders. I received a message saying I don't have enough permissions or something along those lines. Even when accessing these from the command line as root, nothing changed. Anyone know what to do? Thank you in advance.

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00
Intel Core i7-9700 3.0 GHz Octo-Core (SRG13) Processor
$79.00
Intel Core i5-4590T 2 GHz 5 GT/s LGA 1150 Desktop CPU Processor SR1S6
$10.99
AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 8700GE 8-Core/16-Thread Up to 5.1GHz AM5 (FL1)
$189.00
Intel Core Ultra 5 235T SRQES CPU Processor Excellent Used Condition
$88.00
Intel Core i7-9700 SRG13 3.0 GHz Desktop CPU
$80.00
Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 SR153 3.3GHz Quad Core LGA 1150 CPU Processor
$14.49
AMD Ryzen 5 9600X Processor (Zen 5) 6-Core 3.9GHz AM5 65W Desktop CPU
$169.99
Intel 6th Gen Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz (Turbo 4.2GHz) 4-Core LGA1151 CPU SR2L0
$38.00
PS5 Over Heating Problem Solver 1.5 Grams Liquid metal thermal paste CPU, GPU
$15.99