-
Problem Accessing Windows HDD - Permissions?
Hello everyone. My very old Dell laptop finally broke running Windows XP. I decided that before attempting to wipe the HD and start over I should at least try and rescue any files or data that is on it. I booted from KNOPPIX 6.0.1 and had no problems with accessing anything on my computer (minus internet of course). I could see my Windows HD just fine, and could look through the files in it. I was planning on transferring things over to another HD, but I don't have it with me right now. Anyways, I moved some files from the Windows HD to the KNOPPIX desktop and tried to open the folders. I received a message saying I don't have enough permissions or something along those lines. Even when accessing these from the command line as root, nothing changed. Anyone know what to do? Thank you in advance.
Similar Threads
-
By cli168 in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 4
Last Post: 06-17-2005, 11:03 PM
-
By kaplan71 in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 5
Last Post: 02-24-2005, 10:09 AM
-
By anton26 in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 04-02-2004, 11:09 PM
-
By usbrit in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-24-2004, 05:26 AM
-
By standmatt in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 8
Last Post: 10-07-2003, 05:10 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99

GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5
$189.99

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99

ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield
$84.99

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99

Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)
$29.90

ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio
$34.99

ASUS PRIME Z370-A II LGA 1151 Intel Z370 DDR4 DIMM USB3.1 DVI ATX RGB
$69.99

Dell XPS 8940 Desktop Motherboard Intel H470 LGA1200 DDR4 K3CM7 KV3RP 427JK
$154.99

ASRock Z370 Pro4 LGA 1151 Z370 HDMI USB 3.1 2 Ultra M.2 DDR4 ATX Motherboard
$75.00