-
Crashed - recovery floppy won't work
On installed knoppix 3.1
System froze (keyboard, mouse) - I turned off machine.
Turned back on. System came up without kde. I logged in. Could not start kde. Tried to logoff.
Found shutdown command but couldnt get it to work. Turned off machine. Now when starting again (from recovery floppy or from harddrive) machine hangs on adding swap (which has been there all along).
What should I have done when the system froze?
How do I start kde if the system comes up without it?
I could reinstall now, but I'm concerned should this happen later after I've added a lot to the systme. ( I do back up /etc and /home but hadnt done that yet for this system)
Thanks for any help
Similar Threads
-
By sirknot in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 3
Last Post: 02-11-2005, 07:36 PM
-
By Halcyon-X12 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 11
Last Post: 12-30-2004, 12:39 AM
-
By Halcyon-X12 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-03-2004, 07:28 AM
-
By oracle in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-05-2004, 06:44 AM
-
By Uwe Brauer in forum Laptops
Replies: 6
Last Post: 05-03-2004, 06:38 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$288.19

MICRON MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G6D1 32GB PC4-21300R DDR4-2666V RDIMM 2RX4 MEMORY DIMM
$139.99

Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive
$35.00

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

SK hynix 128GB (2x64GB) DDR5 ECC Registered RDIMM PC5-4800B 288-Pin
$4600.00

Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q
$169.00

USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot
$3.75

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$202.50

Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11
$62.55