-
Thanks for the replies.
Ive used Caldera and Mandrake so am familiar with linux but I would appreciate a bit more detail of what you say. Here's what I tried:
Booted up with knoppix cd.
My knoppix is installed on hd hdc3.
I cntl-alt-f1 to root.
mount /mnt/hdc3
chroot /mnt/hdc3
login knoppix
passwd: entered password - not accepted (I know its ok - have used it repeatedly)
Tried several times, also to login to root -- times out after 60 seconds.
Am I on the right track??
Similar Threads
-
By sirknot in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 3
Last Post: 02-11-2005, 07:36 PM
-
By Halcyon-X12 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 11
Last Post: 12-30-2004, 12:39 AM
-
By Halcyon-X12 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-03-2004, 07:28 AM
-
By oracle in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-05-2004, 06:44 AM
-
By Uwe Brauer in forum Laptops
Replies: 6
Last Post: 05-03-2004, 06:38 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99

GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5
$189.99

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99

ASUS PRIME Z890-P WIFI Z890 LGA 1851 ATX motherboard, Intel® Core™ Ultra Series
$235.99

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99

MSI B550M PRO-VDH Micro-ATX Motherboard - AMD AM4, Ryzen 5000/4000/3000 Ready, P
$71.49

Asus Prime B660M-A AC D4 Motherboard Intel LGA 1700 14th 13th 12th Gen DDR4
$79.99

Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)
$29.90

ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield
$84.99

Gigabyte GA-B85M-D3H Motherboard
$54.99