-
Thanks for your replies.
Swap file is same as I'm using on Mandrake 9.l ok
(trying to decide which to use to replace Man 8.1)
I couldnt get the knoppix disk to get me back to the installed knoppix so I re-installed it, then backed up /etc and /home with my settings.
Knoppix is the easiest distro to install I've had yet.
Perhaps the system wasn't stalled as I thought since after the backup (with tar) the mouse and keyboard slowed badly, and shutdown took a very long time and I just waited it out. On restart speed is ok.
My machine is 330mb ram with 300 speed and I'm using usb2 - swap is 130mb - I have about 740mb free on the hard disk - perhaps this machine doesnt have power for knoppix?
Similar Threads
-
By sirknot in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 3
Last Post: 02-11-2005, 07:36 PM
-
By Halcyon-X12 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 11
Last Post: 12-30-2004, 12:39 AM
-
By Halcyon-X12 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-03-2004, 07:28 AM
-
By oracle in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-05-2004, 06:44 AM
-
By Uwe Brauer in forum Laptops
Replies: 6
Last Post: 05-03-2004, 06:38 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Apple II Avant-Garde Creations Super Shape Draw And Animate 1981
$295.00

Vintage Apple Design Keyboard Model M2980 Macintosh 1994 Untested
$28.49

Vintage Apple Macintosh Plus 1MB - M0001A W/ Keyboard, 2 Mice, 800K HD, + More
$300.00

Vintage Apple Macintosh Plus Desktop Computer - M0001A
$150.00

Vintage Apple Macintosh LC M0350 Desktop No Harddrive No Power Supply - Parts
$71.95

Rare Vintage Macintosh Apple Wooden Disk Storage Box Dovetailed
$69.95

5x Vintage Apple Macintosh II NuBus Cards 630-4179 NI GPIB DIO Asante Ethernet
$239.95

Retro Vintage Apple M0110A Compact Wired Mechanical keyboard for Macintosh Plus
$64.95

Vintage Apple Multiple Scan 15av Display Monitor M4681
$299.99

Vintage Apple Monitor IIc 9" Green Monochrome 06/1985 A2M4090 October 1984 Stand
$275.00