Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: issue with firestarter

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Costa Rica
    Posts
    33

    issue with firestarter

    I installed Firestarter and it seems to be working except that at startup it fails to open the system log.
    Can anybody tell me what I need to do to get it to open the system log? Thanks!

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Costa Rica
    Posts
    33

    partial answer

    Okay, I know why it does not start the system log file. Firestarter expects to see the file /var/log/messages . This file does
    not exist at system start up. I can create the file, after start up, by using the 'touch' command ( touch /var/log/messages ).
    However, the file is not there when I re-boot.

    Can anybody tell me how to keep the file intact through shutdown and reboot ?
    I suppose I could execute a script, during boot, that would re-create the file each time I boot but that seems so clunky!

    Thanks

Similar Threads

  1. Including Firestarter Firewall in future releases
    By linuxbookmarks in forum Ideas
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-14-2005, 07:27 PM
  2. Trouble Apt-getting Firestarter
    By sakiZ in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-18-2005, 03:04 AM
  3. Firestarter
    By sn0wflake in forum General Support
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-06-2004, 12:15 AM
  4. MBR issue
    By elqueso in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-18-2004, 01:14 AM
  5. apt-get issue
    By albertfuller in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-03-2003, 12:45 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description) picture

AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description)

$59.00



INTEL CORE I7-870 SLBJG 2.93GHZ LGA1156 4 CORE CPU PROCESSOR picture

INTEL CORE I7-870 SLBJG 2.93GHZ LGA1156 4 CORE CPU PROCESSOR

$23.00



(LOT OF 20) Intel Core i5-8400 CPU 2.80GHz Desktop Processor (SR3QT) picture

(LOT OF 20) Intel Core i5-8400 CPU 2.80GHz Desktop Processor (SR3QT)

$700.00



INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH picture

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH

$179.99



Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor picture

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor

$39.00



Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151 picture

Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151

$79.99



Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor picture

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor

$114.99



Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor picture

Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor

$67.99



Intel Core i7-10700 8-Core 16-Thread 2.9GHz Desktop CPU LGA1200 SRH6Y Z490 Z590 picture

Intel Core i7-10700 8-Core 16-Thread 2.9GHz Desktop CPU LGA1200 SRH6Y Z490 Z590

$129.00



AMD Ryzen 7 5800X Desktop Processor (4.7GHz, 8 Cores, Socket AM4)  picture

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X Desktop Processor (4.7GHz, 8 Cores, Socket AM4)

$150.00