-
Junior Member
registered user
GUIGUY Needs GUI Interface on HD Version...
I'm a Linux Newbee and I'm a GUIGuy (Mac / Windows), not a "techy."
I've tried Knoppix... and... it appears to be intended for "techies," not GUIGuys.
So... I'm looking for a Linux Distro that is equivalent to those OS and applications, not DOS. Which installs and runs on my HD, without a live CD, or USB key, etc. I also want applications to install with just one click, and user-friendly firewalls, and anti-virus tools.
From what I've read - that's not Knoppix, but is possibly: Ubuntu, Fedora, Mint, OpenSUSE, or Mandriva.
Is this correct - please confirm.
Thanks for your help,
GF
-
Junior Member
registered user
Got It...
I found the answer to my post below.
UBUNTU - is the answer to all my questions / issues.
Downloaded and installed on my HD, and set up. Functions perfectly in all respects.
I like knoppix... but... I'm just not a "techy" and don't want to become one.
Thanks,
GF
Similar Threads
-
By gradofan in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-30-2009, 11:36 AM
-
By pboodi in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-22-2006, 03:33 AM
-
By Kowood in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-31-2005, 01:49 AM
-
By FunnyDingo in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-07-2005, 10:49 AM
-
By Tad in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-24-2003, 08:03 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1499.00

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$245.00

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$524.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Supermicro 2U GPU Server SYS-2029GP-TR 2x Xeon 6130 32C 6x PCIe 3.0 x16 Slots
$745.00

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$248.00

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00

Dell Constellation ES.3 3TB Enterprise-class Hard Drive (Wiped & Tested)
$39.00