Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Iceweasel in Knoppix 6.0.1 doesn't load

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1

    Iceweasel in Knoppix 6.0.1 doesn't load

    I'm using the 6.0.1 CD on a thinkpad T42, 1.5 gb memory, not using any startup codes, just "Knoppix".

    It loads just fine and I can configure the network, but when I try to start Iceweasel, nothing happens. Nothing visible, that is. I do see the CPU meter peak for a few moments, then fall back down. I was even able to capture the iceweasel task in a shell window with ps ("/usr/lib/iceweasel/firefox-bin -a firefox"), but it disappears about the same time the CPU meter falls.

    Any thoughts on why it would start to load, then die?

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    802
    I have had a similar problem with Firefox in Mandriva. There, the hard disk was probably the problem. I would have tried with several other media, including USB-sticks. I am writing this with IceWeasel and 6.0.1 running from a hard disk copy from USB (NOT hard disk install!!!)om a Dell Vostro 1710 (but I have used the same USB adaptation on several machines), I would suspect som kind of hardware problem.

Similar Threads

  1. Anyone got Moonlight to work with Iceweasel in Knoppix 6.X?
    By Capricorny in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-01-2010, 08:04 AM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-24-2009, 03:11 PM
  3. Convert browser fav from IntExp(WinXP) to Iceweasel (Knoppix
    By thoste in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-10-2009, 12:22 PM
  4. Iceweasel shuts down
    By bythesea in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-28-2008, 04:35 AM
  5. knoppix will load, but after system starts, GUI wont load.
    By n()()dle in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-23-2004, 01:39 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP,  (6 CDS) picture

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)

$10.00



KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit picture

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit

$19.99



Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive picture

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive

$5.99



KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED picture

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED

$11.99



Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick

$20.85



VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION) picture

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)

$7.57



Knoppix NSM 1.2 picture

Knoppix NSM 1.2

$8.00



Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick

$21.42



Hamshack Live DVD-ROM picture

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM

$7.00



Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006 picture

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006

$33.72