Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Should I be able to drag and drop from list of found files?

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1

    Should I be able to drag and drop from list of found files?

    Hi - This was my first time trying to use Knoppix to rescue data from a dying hard drive. I was using version 6.0.1.

    I couldn't find documents by looking in the My Documents folder, but I was able to get a list of them by using Find Files, *.doc. However, when I tried to drag and drop files from the list to my USB flash drive, they wouldn't go. No error message about write permissions or anything, just nothing. I did check the write permissions anyway, and got there from Properties for the USB drive. Changing settings didn't help.

    Is this normal, or should I be able to drag and drop from the list of found files? If so, any tips of making it work? Thanks.

    (BTW, Knoppix seemed to work a miracle this time anyway--when I restarted the computer the next time, Windows XP finally booted again even though the Hard Drive Diagnostics still said Fail!)

    Erica

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    northern Michigan
    Posts
    2
    I am having the exact same problem... I am so excited to see my stuff still there but can not get it to move for nothing...
    I have tried usb thumbdrive and I attached a HDD to a USB cord and both are recognized.
    Please help..
    Thanks,
    Paul

Similar Threads

  1. drop to console: knoppix# Couldn't continue....
    By sigmax in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-15-2008, 03:38 AM
  2. Problem using cat to list files.
    By NuxIT in forum General Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-01-2006, 02:26 PM
  3. Unable to drag/drop folders from an old hdd to a usb hdd.
    By jheaney in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-30-2006, 05:37 PM
  4. KDE drag and drop of menu items - unstable
    By zxc in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-22-2004, 03:38 AM
  5. apt problem: files list file missing
    By krix in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-29-2004, 09:39 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Lenovo ThinkPad L13 Yoga Touch Laptop 13.3” Core i5 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11 Pro picture

Lenovo ThinkPad L13 Yoga Touch Laptop 13.3” Core i5 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11 Pro

$239.99



Lenovo Yoga 11e Gen 5 2-in-1 Touchscreen 11

Lenovo Yoga 11e Gen 5 2-in-1 Touchscreen 11" HD Laptop 4GB 128GB SSD Windows 11

$99.99



Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 2 Laptop 14” HD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro picture

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 2 Laptop 14” HD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro

$319.99



Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black

$241.50



Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 1 14

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 1 14" AMD Ryzen 5 16GB 256GB SSD

$219.99



Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 2 i5-1145G7 16GB 512GB SSD Touch Win 11 Pro Good picture

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 2 i5-1145G7 16GB 512GB SSD Touch Win 11 Pro Good

$261.99



Lenovo - IdeaPad Slim 3i 15.3

Lenovo - IdeaPad Slim 3i 15.3" 2K Touchscreen Laptop - Intel Core 7 350 2026 ...

$679.99



Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 3 Laptop 14” FHD AMD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11 picture

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 3 Laptop 14” FHD AMD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11

$374.99



Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black

$241.50



Lenovo ThinkPad T495 14” Laptop AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 16GB RAM 256GB SSD Windows 11 picture

Lenovo ThinkPad T495 14” Laptop AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 16GB RAM 256GB SSD Windows 11

$229.99