-
Can not transfer files to good HDD from unbootable computer
I am having the exact same problem as Erica below..... I can not drag my folders over to the good hard drive. I read about the write permission and that is not the problem.. Am I trying to move too large of a folder? There are 100's of pics in a folder. Do I need to open it and drag each folder inside??? I am so excited to see my stuff still there but can not get it to move for nothing...
I have tried usb thumbdrive and I attached a HDD to a USB cord and both are recognized.
Please help..
Thanks,
Paul
-
Administrator
Site Admin-
I don't have enough information to know just what your problem is, but I'll mention two things. The drive has to be mounted read/write, by default versions of Knoppix up to 5.x all defaulted to read only (I'm not sure about 6.x versions). You seem to already know about this from what you wrote, but I'm not completely sure that you mounted read/write so I'm mentioning it. Second, I very strongly suggest that the drive be partitioned FAT32 and not NTFS. Some people say that they can write to NTFS, but in the middle of a disaster recovery is not the time to experience another disaster.
---
Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.
Similar Threads
-
By DonS in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 8
Last Post: 02-13-2008, 10:24 AM
-
By usaramblinman69 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-15-2005, 12:56 PM
-
By lilsirecho in forum Klik
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-17-2005, 08:23 PM
-
By furryfren in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 07-23-2004, 12:22 PM
-
By perrond in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-18-2004, 12:45 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Lenovo ThinkPad L13 Yoga Touch Laptop 13.3” Core i5 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$239.99

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 2 i5-1145G7 16GB 512GB SSD Touch Win 11 Pro Good
$261.99

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 2 Laptop 14” HD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$319.99

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50

Lenovo ThinkPad L14 Gen 3 14" FHD Laptop i5 12th Gen 16GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11
$329.99

Lenovo ThinkPad L14 Gen 2 14" Laptop Core i5-1135G7 2.40GHz 8GB RAM 256GB SSD
$124.99

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 3 Laptop 14” FHD AMD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11
$374.99

Lenovo ThinkPad T480s | i5-8350U | 256GB NVMe | 8GB RAM | W11 Pro | W/AC Adapter
$169.99

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50

Lenovo ThinkPad T14s Laptop 14” Laptop Core i5 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$249.99