-
Junior Member
registered user
Which Distro For A GUIGuy???
This question - supercedes my post below.
I'm a Linux Newbee and I'm a GUIGuy (Mac / Windows), not a "techy."
I've tried Knoppix... and... it appears to be intended for "techies," not GUIGuys.
So... I'm looking for a Linux Distro that is equivalent to those OS and applications, not DOS. Which installs and runs on my HD, without a live CD, or USB key, etc. I also want applications to install with just one click, and user-friendly firewalls, and anti-virus tools.
From what I've read - that's not Knoppix, but is possibly: Ubuntu, Fedora, Mint, OpenSUSE, or Mandriva.
Is this correct - please confirm.
Thanks for your help,
GF
Similar Threads
-
By gradofan in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-30-2009, 03:06 AM
-
By Sass in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 10-07-2005, 04:24 PM
-
By sybariten in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 09-29-2004, 01:42 AM
-
By silian87 in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 4
Last Post: 03-15-2004, 06:46 AM
-
By dbojan in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-04-2003, 10:17 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

HighFlyer Amiga 4000 Tower & Bus Extender, Expansion Systems A4000T Kit
$888.50

RGB2HDMI Amiga 500 UltraLong (Accelerator Friendly) HDMI Games, non-RTG A500
$50.00

Microbotics Starboard 2MB + SCSI Sidecar for Amiga 1000 Vintage Computer READ
$329.00

Amiga 1000 Computer w/ Monitor Keyboard Mouse Disc Drive Sidecar Expansion Discs
$950.00

Amiga Emplant Emulator Card For Commodore Amiga 2000 4000 3000
$249.00

Commodore Amiga 4000 Motherboard Rev B - untested
$225.00

Amiga 2000 2630/CPU 68030 25Mhz
$300.00

COMMODORE AMIGA 500 Motherboard Rev 5 NTSC ,No IC'S , Sold As Is, Untested
$88.00

Pi1541 Zero with Epyx Fastload Hat, Case & 16gb SD for Commodore 64 and 128
$79.99

External fully assembled GreaseWeazle 3.5 inch Floppy Drive
$135.00