Possibly the hard drive you are copying to is formatted with windows NTFS. If thats the case try formatiing the external drive/partition
with either FAT32 or ext3
Hello, i have a corrupted windows xp running on a Compaq Pressario. the computer won't boot up, while i have some files to be rescued. I used knoppix version 5.3.1. I used another separate partition/hard drive to copy the files on. I copied all the files to the hard drive, however after a while, a window popped out saying "could not make folder..". I've changed the hard drive into write mode, and unchecked the read only mode in the "Properties" menu, but still nothing. I could still open my files, though. What have I done wrong? Please help.
Thanks in advance
Possibly the hard drive you are copying to is formatted with windows NTFS. If thats the case try formatiing the external drive/partition
with either FAT32 or ext3
Have you tried to issue the command su? Then you become root, and you can write to directories where the standard user, knoppix, is not allowed to.
If the drive you try to write to is NTFS-formatted, you should probably not try to write to it at all. Use (for example) a memory stick instead.

Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch
$439.00
Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99
Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New
$101.99
Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99
Cisco | N3K-C3232C | 32-Port 100G QSFP Network Switch W/ 2x PSU, 2x Power Cords
$205.00
CISCO Services Router C891F-K9, Grade B, SKU 16188
$24.94
Cisco Catalyst WS-C2960X-48FPD-L 48-Port Gigabit Managed PoE+ Ethernet Switch
$69.99
Cisco C9200-48P-E Cisco POE Network Switch
$749.99
Cisco Catalyst WS-C2960+24TC-S 24-Port Gigabit Managed SFP Switch
$39.99
Cisco QSFP-40G-SR-BD Module 10-2945-02 NEW CLAMSHELL
$45.50