-
Guest for FLOSS Weekly (Free Libre open source software)
Hi, I have just had my best experience with Linux!! I downloaded Knoppix 6.1 to access some files on a trashed PC and it worked great. After some thought I tried this live CD on my old HP/Cpmpaq NX6110. It works great. I have played around with this distro on two other desktop PCs and I am impressed. In the past I have tried several different distros and have come to the conclusion that Linux is not ready for the desk top. Just to many issues to deal with.
I am so impressed that I contacted Randel Swartz who hosts the podcast FLOSS (Free Libre Open source Software). I had a suggestion that he do a segment on Knoppix and possibly get a Knoppix guest. He replied that he would be willing to do so if I could come up with a Knoppix representative or contact who would be willing to guest on his podcast! (note he as the technology that allows guests to participate remotely so travel is not required.)
I am looking for a contact name.
I think participation in this podcast will help advance Knoppix in a small way.
Ralph Walker
Similar Threads
-
By eadz in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 16
Last Post: 01-02-2014, 02:50 AM
-
By ellis in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-30-2008, 05:09 AM
-
By th3b0d0mr3ap3r in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 3
Last Post: 10-04-2004, 09:53 PM
-
By tearinghairout in forum The Lounge
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-20-2003, 06:39 PM
-
By Tortoise in forum The Lounge
Replies: 4
Last Post: 06-05-2003, 12:45 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$145.00

pfSense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 8GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN
$184.99

OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN
$258.00

SonicWall TZ280 Firewall 03-SSC-6933 Advanced Edition 3YR NEW SEALED
$999.99

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F P24286-03-13 Network Firewall Security Appliance
$155.75

Firewalla Gold Pro - 10 Gbps Cyber Security Firewall
$680.00

Palo Alto PA-220 Next-Gen Firewall 520-000309-00J
$40.00

Firewalla Gold Pro 10GbE Firewall Router with Rack Mount Ears and USB Key
$829.99

Cisco Meraki MX67-HW Security Appliance Firewall NEW Unused Unclaimed
$202.50

NETGEAR ProSafe 8-Port Gigabit VPN Firewall FVS318G NEW IN BOX
$69.99