-
Knoppix 5.1 vs Intel 825xx 10/100
Hi there. My first post here, and I know this is a sticky one. At least it looks like.
After a semi-hdd-death I'm running knoppix live cd, which I always could connect the internet on my laptop with no problem.
I have a Dell e520, with Intel 825xx 10/100 NIC, and cannot connect to the internet when using knoppix.
The setup is <motorola cable modem> - <d-link di-524 router> - <ethernet cable> - <dimension e520 with Intel card>.
I tried almost everything that looked like it could help me with this issue, but no success.
When I enter lspci, the important info is:
00:19.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation Unknown device 104c (rev 02)
lspci -x
Code:
00: 86 80 4c 10 07 01 10 00 02 00 00 02 00 00 00 00
10: 00 00 fe df 00 b0 fd df c1 ec 00 00 00 00 00 00
20: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 28 10 dd 01
30: 00 00 00 00 c8 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 0a 01 00 00
If I run netcardconfig I get No supported network cards found..
I even downloaded the driver from Intel's website, but got lost trying to install it. .tar.gz is too much for me right now.
edit
ifconfig
Code:
lo
Link encap:Local Loopback
inet addr:127.0.0.1 Mask:255.0.0.0
inet6 addr: ::1/128 Scope:Host
UP LOOPBACK RUNNING MTU:16436 Metric:1
RX packets:319 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
TX packets:319 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
collisions:0 txqueuelen:0
RX bytes:1594696 (1.5 MiB) TX bytes 1594695 (1.5 MiB)
I've downloaded and extracted the drivers from an Intel website, and after the 'make install' command, it gives me:
Code:
make -C /lib/modules/2.6.17/build SUBDIRS=/media/sdc/e1000-0.0.16/src modules
make[1]: Entering directory 'UNIONFS/usr/src/linux-2.6.17'
Makefile:266: UNIONFS/usr/src/linux-2.6.17/scripts/Kbuild.includes: No such file or directory
Makefile:486: UNIONFS/usr/src/linux-2.6.17arch/i386/Makefile: No such file or directory
make[1]: *** No rule to make target UNIONFS/usr/src/linux-2.6.17/arch/i386/Makefile'. Stop.
make[1]: Leaving directory 'UNIONFS/usr/src/linux-2.6.17'
make: *** [default] Error 2
/edit
Any help? I'm losing my mind over here.
Thanks in advance.
Similar Threads
-
By Bombaybruce in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-27-2008, 03:27 PM
-
By seamyst in forum Laptops
Replies: 3
Last Post: 12-13-2006, 07:32 PM
-
By gclifft in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-30-2006, 04:36 PM
-
By Traffic in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-04-2004, 03:05 PM
-
By blackx in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-25-2004, 12:10 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85

Knoppix NSM 1.2
$8.00

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM
$7.00

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$33.98