Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Make the USB version not see the HDD

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1

    Make the USB version not see the HDD

    Well, I am very new to Linux and I know is pretty secure. But I would like too see my USB version of the Knoppix not capable to see the laptop hard-disk. My concern is that while I am on the internet somebody can get in and mess up the hard disk. I unmounted-it in the graphical file browser in X... but that is too easy to undo.

    Thank you,
    James

  2. #2
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Japan
    Posts
    29
    Hi James.

    Just want to say that I agree with this idea.

    For now I'm disabling the HD at BIOS (to not expose the HD) setup level but perhaps a new way (at soft level) can be created...

    Sometimes we need to "hide" and sometimes we want the HD access... it is a good matter to think further...

    Valter

  3. #3
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    38
    I was thinking the same thing. My 5.1, 5.3 or 6.2 USB drive will not boot in my desktop as long as I have a knoppix file system on a hard drive partition. The USB always trys to pick up on the onboard files. 6.2 USB for instance trys to load 5.3 files and then hangs. I know its trying to load 5.3 because I can cd into the KNOPPIX directory and the cheatcodes are for 5.3 .

Similar Threads

  1. The last Knoppix version includes latest TestDisk version?
    By saman0suke in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-11-2009, 08:25 AM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-15-2006, 12:49 PM
  3. maximum version / lite version??
    By freeballer in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-20-2004, 10:51 PM
  4. 3.4 Kernel Version, and Driver Version
    By Kowood in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-26-2004, 12:25 AM
  5. Poor Man's Install Not Working in version 7-26 version
    By bongski55 in forum General Support
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 08-27-2003, 01:12 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


HP PROLIANT  TPS-W003 MICRO- SERVER TOWER Gen 8, 16G RAM picture

HP PROLIANT TPS-W003 MICRO- SERVER TOWER Gen 8, 16G RAM

$195.00



Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On picture

Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On

$450.00



Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset picture

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset

$129.99



Supermicro 505-2   Server picture

Supermicro 505-2 Server

$280.00



HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS picture

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS

$199.00



HP Proliant MicroServer Gen8, 4.5TB,  (4) HDD,  EXCELLENT COND. picture

HP Proliant MicroServer Gen8, 4.5TB, (4) HDD, EXCELLENT COND.

$625.00



Supermicro 1027GR-TSF 1U Rackmount Server 2x Xeon 2.3GHz 128GB DDR3 picture

Supermicro 1027GR-TSF 1U Rackmount Server 2x Xeon 2.3GHz 128GB DDR3

$219.99



Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram  240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ* picture

Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*

$369.99



Supermicro CSE-216 No CPU No Ram No HDD Tested & Reset picture

Supermicro CSE-216 No CPU No Ram No HDD Tested & Reset

$149.99



Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC picture

Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC

$187.50