-
Administrator
Site Admin-

Originally Posted by
dudepool
i tested my disk on my work computer and it works a treat! so i have no clue as to why it isnt working at all on my laptop! so ive ruled out missing files and burn error
Well, you have ruled out missing files and I'll even say that if the md5 was bad it would not likely have burnt on the other system either. You haven't really ruled out the burn issue of speed, as the faster that you burn a disc that less likely it is to boot ob some marginal optical drives. I'm more inclined to think that you need the right cheat code to boot on this system, but I can't be sure it isn't a media issue yet.
If this laptop can boot from a USB flash drive you might want to try booting Linux that way. Be warned though that even some laptops that have a USB boot option in the BIOS either will not boot a flash drive or are extremely picky about how the flash drive is created. However, I think this would be worth a try, if you saw the same error on a USB flash media boot then you could completely rule out media issues. Apparently the latest version of Knoppix can install itself to a large flash drive, but I don't have any that are suitable for it and have never done it. I have used other much smaller Linux distros to create a bootable flash drive on a small 64 meg flash drive. I think Puppy Linux can do this, but if not try DSL (it's been ages since I've done this and I don't trust my memory on which I used).
---
Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.
Similar Threads
-
By Varkie in forum Laptops
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-09-2006, 06:06 PM
-
By bottomer in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-30-2005, 02:20 PM
-
By JPWhite in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 12-06-2004, 12:55 AM
-
By Blisset in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 4
Last Post: 09-17-2004, 06:50 PM
-
By Mycroft1855 in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-27-2003, 05:23 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working
$99.99

DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D
$49.29

UNOCART-2600 SD card Multi Rom Cartridge for ATARI 2600 with CASE
$34.25

Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On)
$300.00

Atari XE 130XE Computer NTSC with Power Supply Powers On Untested
$159.95

Atari OS & Memory Expansion Cartridges Lot - Untested Possibly For Parts/Repairs
$149.97

Gotek USB Floppy Emulator v3.44 OLED (no speaker) Amiga Atari IBM Roland AKAI
$44.00

SOLD AS IS Lot of 5.25" Floppy Disks w/ Games & Software? Commodore 64 Atari 800
$59.99

VTG Atari 1200XL Home Computer System 1200 XL ** Tested ** Parts or Repair
$323.75

Atari 400 Computer System console with Power Supply TESTED and Working
$150.00