Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: CD boot DVD apps

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    ok
    Posts
    2

    CD boot DVD apps

    I have a pc I have devoted completely to knoppix. I have two partitions and no ms OS. It is an older pc so no dvd drive. but the CD 5.1 knoppix doesn't have all the kde apps I want. I have followed all the threads I can but none specify quite this configuration. So far I have place the dvd iso for 5.3.1 on my hda1 formated fat32 rw in folder /knop_dvd. next I run bootfrom=/dev/hda1/knop_dvd/k*iso at the knoppix prompt. It starts correctly but gets to the line "accessing kknoppix cd failed cdrom2.loop/knop_dvd/k*.iso is not mountable.
    cd apparently continues to run and knopix comes as cd 5.1 version.
    Can someone help?
    Thanks

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    ok
    Posts
    2
    No response
    I'll try a different way. No I am running win7 on my hda1. my cpu doesn't support usb boot. I woould like to boot from cd (ide) 5.1 and switch to dvd (usb) 5.3
    Can someone help please?
    Thanks

Similar Threads

  1. C KDE APPS and C apps printing unix commands
    By dvryknopper in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-31-2006, 05:56 AM
  2. How to uninstall apps?
    By chopperman in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-30-2005, 02:25 AM
  3. some KDE apps
    By probono in forum Klik
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-20-2004, 08:01 AM
  4. process to monitor boot process and all necessary apps
    By metzelplik in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-23-2004, 08:11 PM
  5. running apps with CD boot on the fly
    By A. Jorge Garcia in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-16-2003, 03:44 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor picture

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor

$39.00



AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D - Ryzen 7 9000 Series Zen 5 8-Core 5.2 GHz - Socket AM5 120W picture

AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D - Ryzen 7 9000 Series Zen 5 8-Core 5.2 GHz - Socket AM5 120W

$399.99



Intel Core i5-11500 2.70 GHz LGA 1200 Desktop CPU Processor SRKNY picture

Intel Core i5-11500 2.70 GHz LGA 1200 Desktop CPU Processor SRKNY

$94.99



Corsair RM750e 750W Fully Modular 80 Plus Gold ATX 3.1 PSU Certified Refurbished picture

Corsair RM750e 750W Fully Modular 80 Plus Gold ATX 3.1 PSU Certified Refurbished

$44.99



Intel Core i7-7700 Kaby Lake Quad-Core 3.6 GHz Processor LGA 1151 picture

Intel Core i7-7700 Kaby Lake Quad-Core 3.6 GHz Processor LGA 1151

$39.99



Intel 4th Gen Core i7-4790 SR1QF 3.60GHz (Turbo 4.00GHz) 8M 4-Core LGA-1150 CPU picture

Intel 4th Gen Core i7-4790 SR1QF 3.60GHz (Turbo 4.00GHz) 8M 4-Core LGA-1150 CPU

$39.99



Intel Core i7-7700T 2.9GHz 8MB Socket LGA1151 Quad Core Processor SR339 picture

Intel Core i7-7700T 2.9GHz 8MB Socket LGA1151 Quad Core Processor SR339

$39.99



Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor picture

Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor

$69.99



COMBO: ASUS Prime H370M-PLUS MOTHERBOARD + i5-9400F CPU /w Heatsink + 16GB DDR4 picture

COMBO: ASUS Prime H370M-PLUS MOTHERBOARD + i5-9400F CPU /w Heatsink + 16GB DDR4

$169.95



AMD Ryzen 7 5700G 8-Core, 16-Thread Desktop Processor  picture

AMD Ryzen 7 5700G 8-Core, 16-Thread Desktop Processor

$145.00