Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: GUIGUY Needs GUI Interface on HD Version...

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Dallas, TX USA
    Posts
    11

    GUIGUY Needs GUI Interface on HD Version...

    I'm a Linux Newbee and I'm a GUIGuy (Mac / Windows), not a "techy."

    I've tried Knoppix... and... it appears to be intended for "techies," not GUIGuys.

    So... I'm looking for a Linux Distro that is equivalent to those OS and applications, not DOS. Which installs and runs on my HD, without a live CD, or USB key, etc. I also want applications to install with just one click, and user-friendly firewalls, and anti-virus tools.

    From what I've read - that's not Knoppix, but is possibly: Ubuntu, Fedora, Mint, OpenSUSE, or Mandriva.

    Is this correct - please confirm.

    Thanks for your help,
    GF

  2. #2
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Dallas, TX USA
    Posts
    11

    Got It...

    I found the answer to my post below.

    UBUNTU - is the answer to all my questions / issues.

    Downloaded and installed on my HD, and set up. Functions perfectly in all respects.

    I like knoppix... but... I'm just not a "techy" and don't want to become one.

    Thanks,
    GF

Similar Threads

  1. Which Distro For A GUIGuy???
    By gradofan in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-30-2009, 11:36 AM
  2. network interface file
    By pboodi in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-22-2006, 03:33 AM
  3. Interface Not Registered?
    By Kowood in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-31-2005, 01:49 AM
  4. Only one network interface?
    By FunnyDingo in forum Networking
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-07-2005, 10:49 AM
  5. No Gui interface
    By Tad in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-24-2003, 08:03 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Samsung 2.5

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot

$100.00



Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot picture

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot

$549.00



Western Digital Blue 3D NAND 500GB Internal 2.5

Western Digital Blue 3D NAND 500GB Internal 2.5" SSD - WDS500G2B0A

$49.99



Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -

$39.99



Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD picture

Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD

$129.99



Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1

$99.99



Crucial MX500 250GB 2.5

Crucial MX500 250GB 2.5" SATA III SSD - Preowned

$29.00



2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON picture

2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON

$28.00



Samsung 860 EVO 250GB, SATA III, 2.5

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB, SATA III, 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive - Black...

$30.00



Intel Solid-State Drive DC S3500 Series 240GB Internal 2.5

Intel Solid-State Drive DC S3500 Series 240GB Internal 2.5" (SSDSC2BB240G4P) SSD

$29.99