-
Junior Member
registered user
GUIGUY Needs GUI Interface on HD Version...
I'm a Linux Newbee and I'm a GUIGuy (Mac / Windows), not a "techy."
I've tried Knoppix... and... it appears to be intended for "techies," not GUIGuys.
So... I'm looking for a Linux Distro that is equivalent to those OS and applications, not DOS. Which installs and runs on my HD, without a live CD, or USB key, etc. I also want applications to install with just one click, and user-friendly firewalls, and anti-virus tools.
From what I've read - that's not Knoppix, but is possibly: Ubuntu, Fedora, Mint, OpenSUSE, or Mandriva.
Is this correct - please confirm.
Thanks for your help,
GF
Similar Threads
-
By gradofan in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-30-2009, 11:36 AM
-
By pboodi in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-22-2006, 03:33 AM
-
By Kowood in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-31-2005, 01:49 AM
-
By FunnyDingo in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-07-2005, 10:49 AM
-
By Tad in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-24-2003, 08:03 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR3 Gamer Desktop RAM PC3 MIXED BRANDS VIPER VENGEANCE FURY
$10.00

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99

DDR4 Laptop RAM 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB 2400 2666 3200 Samsung Hynix
$66.00

RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED
$445.00

Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q
$169.00

Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC
$29.99

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68

Samsung 16GB (1x16GB) DDR4-3200 PC4-3200AA SO-DIMM 260-Pin RAM - Tested
$55.00

Corsair Vengeance DDR3 8GB 16GB 32GB 1866MHz PC3-14900 Desktop RAM Memory DIMM
$85.00

Micron and SK hynix RAM 56GB (4x8GB) (2x4GB) see description
$135.00