-
Junior Member
registered user
Which Distro For A GUIGuy???
This question - supercedes my post below.
I'm a Linux Newbee and I'm a GUIGuy (Mac / Windows), not a "techy."
I've tried Knoppix... and... it appears to be intended for "techies," not GUIGuys.
So... I'm looking for a Linux Distro that is equivalent to those OS and applications, not DOS. Which installs and runs on my HD, without a live CD, or USB key, etc. I also want applications to install with just one click, and user-friendly firewalls, and anti-virus tools.
From what I've read - that's not Knoppix, but is possibly: Ubuntu, Fedora, Mint, OpenSUSE, or Mandriva.
Is this correct - please confirm.
Thanks for your help,
GF
-
Junior Member
registered user
Found The Answer...
I found the answer to my post below.
UBUNTU - is the answer to all my questions / issues.
Downloaded and installed on my HD, and set up. Functions perfectly in all respects.
I like knoppix... but... I'm just not a "techy" and don't want to become one.
Thanks,
GF
-
Senior Member
registered user
glad you are happy, Ubuntu is more or less a GUI version of Debian testing.
Similar Threads
-
By gradofan in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-30-2009, 03:06 AM
-
By Sass in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 10-07-2005, 04:24 PM
-
By sybariten in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 09-29-2004, 01:42 AM
-
By silian87 in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 4
Last Post: 03-15-2004, 06:46 AM
-
By dbojan in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-04-2003, 10:17 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

IBM Power S822 POWER8 1x CPU 32GB DDR4 RAM 2U Rack Server No HDD.
$629.99

Lot of 2 IBM blade center Type H chassis 8852
$559.00

IBM 7915 AC1 M4 E27R704 Server Intel 2650V2 32GB RAM NO HDD w/ 2x 750w PSU
$200.00

IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$149.99

IBM 4262 SYSTEM x3200 Tower - HDD Wiped, NO OS
$80.00

IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$108.92

IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU
$999.99

IBM System x3550 M3 1U Server 2x Xeon E5645, 192GB RAM, 2x 300GB HDD (7944-AC1)
$135.00

Ibm Computer Tower
$400.00

IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620
$199.99