Boot from CD open a console window sudo mount /dev/hd?? /mnt/hd?? to mount the drive and partition then sudo vi /mnt/hd??/etc/fstab open the /etc/fstab for editing, edit and save then re-boot. replace ?? with drive letter and partition number.
I screwed up my fstab file last night by #'ing out part i shouldnt have now it doesnt boot properly so I tryed booting of the Knoppix Live CD and that picked up my install but when I edit the file it says its unable to save it. My install is on a Raiserfs anyone got any ideas what I can do to fix it?
Boot from CD open a console window sudo mount /dev/hd?? /mnt/hd?? to mount the drive and partition then sudo vi /mnt/hd??/etc/fstab open the /etc/fstab for editing, edit and save then re-boot. replace ?? with drive letter and partition number.
--To restate that a bit more clearly:
o Boot into non-gui mode from the cd: ' knoppix 2 '
o ' mount /mnt/hda2 ' from the CD, as root, if hda2 is where your install is.
o ' cd /mnt/hda2/etc '
o Either copy Knoppix's fstab down to your HD or edit the hd-installed file.
o ' jstar fstab ' == (jstar is Wordstar-compatible and has an easier interface than VI), Ctrl-KX to save and exit.
--No offense Stephen, I just thought he might find your post a bit confusing.
Originally Posted by Stephen
It was a little brief should have took more time writing it.Originally Posted by Dave_Bechtel

Vintage Cherry W. Germany G80-0486H/05 Mechanical 25-Pin D-Sub Keyboard M8
$170.99
Vintage Computer - PC Innovation Intel 486DX2 - Dos Ver 6.2 Windows 3.1
$250.00
Vintage Jetway J-620BF Socket 370 Celeron AT Motherboard SiS 620 Brand New
$75.00
Vintage HP Hewlett Packard 2112A 21MX 1000 M-Series 16-Bit Minicomputer
$419.99
Vintage Timbuk2 Crossbody Messenger Bag Forest Green/ Black Y2k USA Made
$85.00
Vintage cross Apple computer branded pen rainbow logo In original box
$100.00
Vintage Apple computer Cross Metal Ballpoint Pen Black Ink Gold Trim
$125.00
Vintage Microsoft Office 4.2 for Windows Original Floppy Disks & Manuals 1994
$119.99
Vintage ISA Expansion Card Lot Async Serial I/O Printer Game RAM Untested
$107.29
ASUS A7V333 Vintage Motherboard | Untested | For Parts
$44.89