Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Cloop build failure for kernel 2.6.30.5

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1

    Cloop build failure for kernel 2.6.30.5

    I'm trying to build the cloop module under Linux 2.6.30.5, but the compilation aborts with "compressed_loop.c:286: error: implicit declaration of function ‘blk_rq_pos’." I downloaded the source from http://debian-knoppix.alioth.debian.org/sources/ , and the sha1sum matched.

    Here is my system information:
    Debian 4.0/i386
    Linux kernel 2.6.30.5
    cloop source 2.631

    I put a log of the build failure here: http://home.earthlink.net/~mumia.w.1...cloop-fail.txt

    How can I get pass this error and get the cloop module built?

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    31

    Re: Cloop build failure for kernel 2.6.30.5

    Quote Originally Posted by mumia-w-18
    I'm trying to build the cloop module under Linux 2.6.30.5, but the compilation aborts with "compressed_loop.c:286: error: implicit declaration of function ‘blk_rq_pos’." I downloaded the source from http://debian-knoppix.alioth.debian.org/sources/ , and the sha1sum matched.

    Here is my system information:
    Debian 4.0/i386
    Linux kernel 2.6.30.5
    cloop source 2.631

    I put a log of the build failure here: http://home.earthlink.net/~mumia.w.1...cloop-fail.txt

    How can I get pass this error and get the cloop module built?
    Try with cloop_2.629-1.tar.gz

    Have a look here: http://www.nabble.com/debian-knoppix-f12512.html

    Cloop ( and aufs ) compiles correctly even with the last 2.6.31.3 kernel

    Cheers


    Max

Similar Threads

  1. Unable to build a working cloop
    By rmd6502 in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-27-2007, 03:51 AM
  2. The kernel... Can I build my own?
    By kevman in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-30-2005, 07:40 AM
  3. cloop 2.01-5 compile failure -- conf.vars missing
    By BillS in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-19-2005, 06:58 PM
  4. how to build cloop with kernel 2.6
    By Alvis in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-28-2004, 07:13 AM
  5. Kernel Build with kernel-source-2.4.20-xfs:
    By TheCyberDude in forum Tips and Tricks
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-03-2003, 03:10 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch picture

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch

$19.99



NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch picture

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch

$39.99



D-Link DGS-1210-28P 28-Port PoE Gigabit Web Smart Switch With Cord picture

D-Link DGS-1210-28P 28-Port PoE Gigabit Web Smart Switch With Cord

$49.99



NETGEAR 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch (Gs305) - Desktop Quiet Fanless picture

NETGEAR 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch (Gs305) - Desktop Quiet Fanless

$22.00



10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W picture

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W

$39.99



TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern picture

TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern

$15.25



TP-Link Omada SG3428 24-Port Gigabit L2+ Managed Switch 4x SFP w/ Ears picture

TP-Link Omada SG3428 24-Port Gigabit L2+ Managed Switch 4x SFP w/ Ears

$99.99



Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts picture

Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts

$69.00



~NIB~ Netgear GS728TPP-300NAS V3 24 PORT GIGABIT POE MNGD W. 4 SFP PORTS picture

~NIB~ Netgear GS728TPP-300NAS V3 24 PORT GIGABIT POE MNGD W. 4 SFP PORTS

$349.95



Extreme Networks 10GE X440-G2-24P-10GE4 16533 24Plus-Ports POE+ Switch UP picture

Extreme Networks 10GE X440-G2-24P-10GE4 16533 24Plus-Ports POE+ Switch UP

$127.00