Hello All,
Following the Remastering HowTo in the wiki, I created a swapfile (creatively called swapfile) in the knoppix directory of an empty 12Gb hard drive formatted Fat. I created everything as root. When I entered the command swapon swapfile, the command did not terminate (waited two hours) and could not be stopped with CTRL-C. Entering the command free -m in another window shows a zero size swap file.
I tried this with Knoppix 5.1.1, and it worked fine. Has anyone created and started a swapfile with 6.0.1 successfully? I am using an ASUS AV733 motherboard with an AMD Athalon XP 1700+ processor and 512Mb DRAM.
I am trying to make a 6.0.1 without ADRIANNE and Open Office and with more of the tools in 5.1.1, the reason being that only 6.01. will restart the network if it is disconnected, but there is no ssh daemon and no gui vim.
Jonathan

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$102.99
Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$90.00
Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive
$39.99
128TB External SSD Solid State Drive Hard Drive Disk PC Phones Mac Games Videos
$97.60
Western Digital PC SN740 256GB M.2 2280 NVMe Internal SSD (SDDPNQD-256G)
$32.99
Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00
Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$129.99
2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.80
Mixed Brand 120/128/240/256GB SSD 2.5" SATA III 6GB/s Internal Solid State Drive
$34.99
Netac 120GB 256GB 1TB 2TB Internal SSD 2.5'' SATAIII 6Gb/s Solid State Drive lot
$119.99