Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Error Message when reading Hard Drive

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2

    Error Message when reading Hard Drive

    I have a Toshiba PC that I have been unable to boot using Windows Vista, so I loaded KNOPPIX v6.0 hoping to recover some files on the harddrive. I can boot up the PC with KNOPPIX just fine, but when I try to display the harddrive using My Documents it gives me an error message: Unable to mount device - Error org.freedesktop.Hal,Device.Volume.UnknownFailure. If anyone cold give me some information on this message or if I am doing something wrong, I would appreciate any help.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    348
    You might look here. Sounds like a similar error message to yours. I did see this on an older version of another distro, so it may be a bug or something that had been decontented from the distro at one time.

    http://crunchbanglinux.org/forums/to...ows-partition/

  3. #3
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    174
    cmj33875, if you try "Device.Volume.UnknownFailure" in the search feature at the top of this page you'll find several other threads where this came up.

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2
    Thanks for getting back with me on this error. I will check out the other post, but I think this is due to a bad hard drive. Thanks again.

Similar Threads

  1. Hard Drive Unknown Error
    By cha0sunity in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-04-2010, 11:34 PM
  2. hard drive partitioning error
    By lbthrice in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-30-2006, 01:53 AM
  3. Hard drive read access error
    By freddagg in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-27-2005, 06:40 PM
  4. cloop error while reading
    By dil in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-13-2004, 01:30 PM
  5. Partition-error (Table written but error while reading!!!)
    By Mad_Max_FX in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-22-2003, 03:29 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX picture

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX

$59.99



Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery picture

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery

$54.99



GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5 picture

GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5

$189.99



⁠Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)⁠ picture

⁠Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)⁠

$29.90



GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard picture

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard

$59.99



ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio picture

ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio

$34.99



ASRock B650M Pro RS WiFi AM5 AMD B650 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX Motherboard picture

ASRock B650M Pro RS WiFi AM5 AMD B650 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX Motherboard

$101.99



ASUS PRIME Z370-A II LGA 1151 Intel Z370 DDR4 DIMM USB3.1 DVI  ATX RGB picture

ASUS PRIME Z370-A II LGA 1151 Intel Z370 DDR4 DIMM USB3.1 DVI ATX RGB

$69.99



Dell XPS 8940 Desktop Motherboard Intel H470 LGA1200 DDR4 K3CM7 KV3RP 427JK picture

Dell XPS 8940 Desktop Motherboard Intel H470 LGA1200 DDR4 K3CM7 KV3RP 427JK

$154.99



ASUS B85M-G / B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI Support 4thCPU picture

ASUS B85M-G / B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI Support 4thCPU

$45.00