-
OK, I figured it out.
I have to put: sudo fdisk -l
Then I get to see details of all drives, including the size in GBs. I still think I'd be stuck if I were cloning to a drive which was exactly the same size as my source drive.
Is there a definite rule, eg: the drive attached to SATA 1 is always sda, etc?
Similar Threads
-
By Markus in forum Tips and Tricks
Replies: 20
Last Post: 04-14-2006, 12:18 AM
-
By giant_toaster in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 7
Last Post: 11-21-2005, 08:30 PM
-
By Romkillah in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 13
Last Post: 05-31-2004, 04:43 PM
-
By Eradicator in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 10-26-2003, 06:07 AM
-
By Chris in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-17-2003, 08:27 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot
$316.95

Vintage Ampex Chip Boards Memory Processor Other
$299.99
![4 vintage 16MB Fast Page Mode (FPM) DRAM memory module. [1, 2] picture](/store/img/g/-7oAAeSwj~lqw5Xw/s-l225/4-vintage-16MB-Fast-Page-Mode-FPM-DRAM-memory-modu.jpg)
4 vintage 16MB Fast Page Mode (FPM) DRAM memory module. [1, 2]
$60.00

Vintage Teac FD-505 5.25" 3.5" Combo Drive 19307571-00
$199.99

Vintage HP iPAQ Agency Series Pocket PC PE2030A h5450 Not Tested No Battery/Pen
$35.00
![4 vintage 16MB Fast Page Mode (FPM) DRAM memory module. [1, 2] picture](/store/img/g/x5MAAeSw4Ppqw5S0/s-l225/4-vintage-16MB-Fast-Page-Mode-FPM-DRAM-memory-modu.jpg)
4 vintage 16MB Fast Page Mode (FPM) DRAM memory module. [1, 2]
$59.99

Vintage UMC GMB-386UMC V0.1 386DX ISA Motherboard w/ AMIBIOS AA2828485
$68.00

RARE NEW RETAIL BOX VINTAGE AST BTC 5140M WINDOWS PS2 KEYBOARD FCC E5XK8M104M10U
$31.95

Apple Studio Display Monitor CRT 17" Clear Vintage Untested READ BROKEN STAND
$300.00

LOT of 4 Intel/AMD R80188 80188 R80186 80186 vintage CPU GOLD/Ceramic
$59.99