-
OK, I figured it out.
I have to put: sudo fdisk -l
Then I get to see details of all drives, including the size in GBs. I still think I'd be stuck if I were cloning to a drive which was exactly the same size as my source drive.
Is there a definite rule, eg: the drive attached to SATA 1 is always sda, etc?
Similar Threads
-
By Markus in forum Tips and Tricks
Replies: 20
Last Post: 04-14-2006, 12:18 AM
-
By giant_toaster in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 7
Last Post: 11-21-2005, 08:30 PM
-
By Romkillah in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 13
Last Post: 05-31-2004, 04:43 PM
-
By Eradicator in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 10-26-2003, 06:07 AM
-
By Chris in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-17-2003, 08:27 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64-Bit USB Flash Drive (HAV-00162)
$36.99

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98

Hynix 16GB PC4-2933Y 288pin DDR4 SDRAM ECC Reg Server Memory HMA82GR7JJR8N-WM
$79.95

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

Micron 32GB MTA36ASF4G72PZ-3G2E7 RAM 2Rx4 PC4-3200AA ECC REG Memory
$249.99

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68

Server Memory: Samsung 32GB 4DRx4 PC4-2133P ECC LRDIMM DDR4 M386A4G40DM0-CPB
$124.95

Lenovo 2TB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Metal Drive Flash Memory Stick Data Storage.
$3.99

Wholesale 5/10/100PCS 1GB 2GB 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive Memory Stick
$289.80