-
Accessing RAID 0 from Knoppix
I have successfully read a striped config of two RAID 0 discs (Windows XP) using
Knoppix 5.1.1. This version very nicely auto-mounted the partitions and I was
able to easily see the C:\ drive. Point and click.
Two questions:
1) I had started with the latest version of Knoppix 6.0.1 before I went backward to 5.1.1.
With 6.0.1, the auto-mounting of RAID discs is not performed. Is there a reason for this,
given that this functionality is highly desirable? I'll continue, I suppose, to use 5.1.1 for
the time being.
2) Can anyone suggest what mount commands are being used in 5.1.1 in case I wanted to
use the latest 6.0.1 version of Knoppix ?
I've scoured the lists and seen many posts relating to this subject, but haven't seen a clear
method. For example, the use of "dmraid" is suggested, Once dmraid is used, what are the
"mount" instructions? Is a directory "/dev/mapper" always created?
Thanks!
Similar Threads
-
By shared3 in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-21-2007, 06:59 AM
-
By Gardening Matt in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-25-2006, 05:12 PM
-
By 2eXtreme in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-15-2006, 07:34 PM
-
By NatXotic in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 4
Last Post: 02-18-2006, 08:22 PM
-
By Eru_Ascar in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-10-2005, 02:01 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD
$1299.99

IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$179.99

Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series
$375.00

Rare Vintage IBM 93ZZ PowerPC Server Board - MCM Ceramic CPU - 40N1844 - 1.1 lbs
$49.99

IBM System x3550 M3 1U Server Intel Xeon E5630 4GB DDR3 No HDD
$279.99

IBM 02YC027 Seagate ST2400MM0129 2.4TB 10K SAS 12Gb/s 2.5" Server Hard Drive
$200.00

IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$110.30

IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU
$999.99

IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620
$199.99

DEFECTIVE IBM SYSTEM X3530 M4 7160AC1 Server 2INTEL XEON E52430L 0 80GB G3D
$142.50