Hey all,
The internal hard drive on my laptop recently crashed and wouldn't bootup. I don't have access to another computer and the only working version of knoppix that i had was not the most recent version. (I don't remember the version number, but what I do remember is that the background picture looked like an engine or something like that and was dark brown, not sure if this helps...)
Anyways, I used knoppix to transfer data files over to my external hard drive and then re-installed xp on my internal hard drive. When I went to view the picture files that had been transferred, the files were identified as jpegs and had the proper file name and size, but when i tried to view them, they couldn't be viewed. I tried multiple jpeg viewers and none were able to display the picture. Only a handful out of 400 pictures are viewable. Unfortunately data recovery software on my internal hard drive has not been able to locate the picture files that are not viewable on my external hard drive.
Is there a way to repair/restore the picture files on my external hard drive so that they are viewable?
Thanks...

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$100.00
Micron 5200 MAX 480GB Enterprise/DC 2.5" SATA SSD - 5 DWPD 100% Health
$94.00
Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -
$36.99
Western Digital Blue 3D NAND 500GB Internal 2.5" SSD - WDS500G2B0A
$49.99
Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00
Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive
$42.99
2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.00
Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$129.99
Netac 120GB 256GB 1TB 2TB Internal SSD 2.5'' SATAIII 6Gb/s Solid State Drive lot
$75.99
Samsung 860 EVO 250GB, SATA III, 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive - Black...
$30.00