-
Safe Mode reboot loop nightmare - Using Knoppix - Pls help!
I am currently caught in a Safe Mode reboot loop. This happened after I opted to enter Safe Mode via MSconfig (checked /Safeboot box in BOOT.INI tab) which failed just as the F8 method did. I am now unable to boot through any mode, safe, normal, command, etc.
I do have Recovery Console installed already but I attempt to use it, I get the "UNMPOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME" error on blue screen.
Last night I successfully booted with Knoppix (KNOPPIX_V6.0.1CD-2009-02-08-EN) but cannot access the Boot.ini or any other file. I believe this is due to the encryption software (Encryption Plus Hard Disk by GuardianEdge) that came with the laptop. Before this happened, during the boot process I would get the Encryption login screen before Windows XP starts. Without that step, I cannot access any files.
My question is this: Is there any way to reach encryption login while booted via Knoppix?
I am completely locked out of my laptop. I appreciate any help you can offer.
Thanks,
N
Similar Threads
-
By NullDevice in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 6
Last Post: 01-28-2007, 10:41 AM
-
By Nocturno in forum Networking
Replies: 5
Last Post: 02-25-2006, 04:14 PM
-
By CarNagE in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-16-2006, 03:19 PM
-
By Israel in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 18
Last Post: 06-21-2005, 04:41 PM
-
By oded in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-15-2004, 04:08 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Intel DX4 100MHz 486 Motherboard SBC CPU Board ALi Chipset Retro PC
$119.99

Vintage Retro Cyrix 6x86 133mhz 32mb RAM Floppy Combo
$299.00

Ast Advantage Adventure 4050D Vintage Retro Computer Great Condition
$199.99

Vintage HP 21MX 1000 M-Series Minicomputer Chassis Backplane Parts AS-IS
$228.19

Vintage 3.5” Floppy Disk Storage Cases With Key 127 Rainbow Colored Disks
$59.99

Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot
$316.95

Vintage MCM Teak Wood Tambour Roll Top Desk Organizer Storage Box
$24.95

DEC Alpha CPU 290A 21064-CA 166 21-35023-14 166Mhz rare vintage CPU GOLD
$109.95

Vintage KanguruDisk Portable External Drive Module with Pouch - Rare Retro Drive
$114.88

Vintage Memorex Telex 122-Key AT Terminal Keyboard 96550264
$100.00