Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Safe Mode reboot loop nightmare - Using Knoppix - Pls help!

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1

    Safe Mode reboot loop nightmare - Using Knoppix - Pls help!

    I am currently caught in a Safe Mode reboot loop. This happened after I opted to enter Safe Mode via MSconfig (checked /Safeboot box in BOOT.INI tab) which failed just as the F8 method did. I am now unable to boot through any mode, safe, normal, command, etc.

    I do have Recovery Console installed already but I attempt to use it, I get the "UNMPOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME" error on blue screen.

    Last night I successfully booted with Knoppix (KNOPPIX_V6.0.1CD-2009-02-08-EN) but cannot access the Boot.ini or any other file. I believe this is due to the encryption software (Encryption Plus Hard Disk by GuardianEdge) that came with the laptop. Before this happened, during the boot process I would get the Encryption login screen before Windows XP starts. Without that step, I cannot access any files.

    My question is this: Is there any way to reach encryption login while booted via Knoppix?

    I am completely locked out of my laptop. I appreciate any help you can offer.

    Thanks,
    N

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    348
    I would strongly suggest that you contact GuardianEdge or the laptop manufacturer and see what they can do for you. Encryption can be a good thing, or very bad, depending on what kind of problem you encounter.

    If you decide to write to the drive using any Linux version, you may take the risk of further corrupting your data. It is usually OK to read from an NTFS partition with Linux, but writing to it remains risky, since the drivers used are not genuine Micro$oft. Even the M$ drivers can corrupt the drive.

    I would suggest a Windows PE disk or BartPE. They run the native Micro$soft drivers. How to get around the encryption is another issue best left to those that designed it.

Similar Threads

  1. Knoppix rebooting in an endless loop
    By NullDevice in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-28-2007, 10:41 AM
  2. D-Link DWL-G510 C1 wireless cards nightmare
    By Nocturno in forum Networking
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-25-2006, 04:14 PM
  3. Boot Knoppix by GRUB without compressed loop FS?
    By CarNagE in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-16-2006, 03:19 PM
  4. Virtual Pc Nightmare!
    By Israel in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 06-21-2005, 04:41 PM
  5. Knoppix goes into loop trying to load X
    By oded in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-15-2004, 04:08 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack picture

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack

$826.09



TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot picture

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot

$573.98



Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11 picture

Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11

$62.55



MICRON MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G6D1 32GB PC4-21300R DDR4-2666V RDIMM 2RX4 MEMORY DIMM picture

MICRON MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G6D1 32GB PC4-21300R DDR4-2666V RDIMM 2RX4 MEMORY DIMM

$139.99



Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot picture

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot

$285.90



Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM  M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q picture

Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q

$169.00



USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot picture

USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot

$3.75



Lot of 9 SK hynix 16GB DDR4 3200AA HMAA2GS6CJR8N-XN 1Rx8 PC Laptop Memory RAM picture

Lot of 9 SK hynix 16GB DDR4 3200AA HMAA2GS6CJR8N-XN 1Rx8 PC Laptop Memory RAM

$602.99



SK Hynix 32GB 4RX4 PC3L-10600R RDIMM Server Memory RAM HMT84GR7BMR4A-H9 Lot of 8 picture

SK Hynix 32GB 4RX4 PC3L-10600R RDIMM Server Memory RAM HMT84GR7BMR4A-H9 Lot of 8

$269.00



1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot picture

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot

$202.50