I am using knoppix 6.0.1 but I have upgraded the kernel to new kernel ( 2.6.31.5 )
and using aufs2. But most of the scripts in the system is still based on knoppix 6.0.1.
Most notably I noticed that knoppix would mount knoppix-data.img by specifying it
as ext2 file system. I wonder why it is not mounted as ext3 file system, as it seems,
everytime the system reboot, it spends significant time doing file system check.
I did a try on mounting it as ext3 file system but I noticed that it will hang.
Perhaps aufs(2) will not work together with ext3 file system ?
( I get hang boot up too with mounting knoppix-data.img as ext2, but it's
a lot less frequent - anyone has encountered the same thing as me ? )
Appreciate input.

MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00
$1619.30
Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003
$639.69
9300-8i LSI SAS3008 8-Port 12Gb PCIe IT mode ZFS FreeNAS unRAID 2*SFF-8643 US
$49.50
BROADCOM 05-50077-01 PCI-E 4.0 x8 PCI-Express MegaRAID 9560-8i RAID Controller
$714.99
X4TTX Dell PERC H730P SATA/SAS PCIe RAID Controller 0X4TTX
$42.00
LSI 9260-8i 512MB SAS SATA 8-port PCI-E 6Gb RAID Controller Card US
$29.88
Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller
$64.99
OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad 4 Bay RAID Storage Enclosure USB 3.1 Gen 2 No Drives
$149.95
HP controller P3410-69003 NetRAID-1M SCSI 64-bit U160 32MB Cache (PCI)
$359.00
1 Dell Ultra SSD M.2 NVMe PCI-Express x16 Solid State Storage Adapter Card 6N9RH
$59.99