Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Remastering 5.3.1 DVD

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1

    Remastering 5.3.1 DVD

    I'm trying to learn to remaster Knoppix so that I can add custom software. I'm starting with the 5.3.1 DVD so that I'll have plenty of room to add what I need to the disk. I read through quite a few HOWTOs and help documents. I went through many different methods and tried a number of them so that I could learn about problems and how to solve them. The method I have used the most is the Knoppix Remastering Howto. I had some problems doing the mount on /dev before doing a chroot, but I decided to simply try to recreate the disk without any changes just to see if I could do it.

    Everything in the HowTo works until I try to boot my remastered DVD. It tells me that it "Can't find KNOPPIX filesystem". I've read a number of threads here that talk about this error, but none seem to apply as I didn't change anything (purposefully). When I use the busybox shell to look at the root, the KNOPPIX folder is empty. When I go and look at the /cdrom/KNOPPIX folder, I see the KNOPPIX image file is only 321.5 MB... but if I put the DVD in my Windows box, it says that file is 4.4 GB. I also noticed that the KNOPPIX2 image file isn't present, but it doesn't appear that the boot process is even getting to the point of looking for a second image.

    First, I'm wondering if I should be removing the KNOPPIX file before rebuilding the image? It almost seems like my new image is grabbing the old one as well?

    Second, I don't understand what I'm doing wrong that would cause the boot process to not be able to find the filesystem?

    Any help or pointers to documents that deal with this issue would be greatly appreciated.

  2. #2
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    10
    You have done something wrong. I don't know really what, but this thing happened to me too. Do it again, but before start make iso, verify the compressed Knoppix. It must be greater then 300 Mb or so...

Similar Threads

  1. remastering 4.0
    By wick2o in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-25-2005, 08:32 PM
  2. new in remastering
    By grexk in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-10-2005, 03:38 AM
  3. Remastering Suite V1.01 released! Easy Knoppix-Remastering
    By PrOCesSkIlL in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 04-02-2004, 01:32 AM
  4. Remastering
    By dugstratton in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-13-2004, 01:23 AM
  5. Remastering Scripts : easy remastering
    By MichielioZ in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-15-2003, 12:13 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


SK Hynix Server Memory 32GB (1x32GB) RAM DDR4 2400MHz HMA84GR7MFR4N Lot of 12 picture

SK Hynix Server Memory 32GB (1x32GB) RAM DDR4 2400MHz HMA84GR7MFR4N Lot of 12

$1599.99



P43330-0A1 HPE 32GB 2RX8 PC5-4800B DDR5 SERVER RAM P43328-B21 / HMCG88MEBRA107N picture

P43330-0A1 HPE 32GB 2RX8 PC5-4800B DDR5 SERVER RAM P43328-B21 / HMCG88MEBRA107N

$1100.00



2 in 1 USB 3.0 Card Reader Micro TF card Reader usb adapter High Speed Cardreder picture

2 in 1 USB 3.0 Card Reader Micro TF card Reader usb adapter High Speed Cardreder

$3.99



Samsung 16GB 2Rx4 PC4-2133P DDR4 ECC Server Memory RDIMM M393A2G40DB0-CPB picture

Samsung 16GB 2Rx4 PC4-2133P DDR4 ECC Server Memory RDIMM M393A2G40DB0-CPB

$104.95



SK Hynix 64B PC4-2933Y Server Memory DDR4 RAM HMAA8GR7MJR4N-WM picture

SK Hynix 64B PC4-2933Y Server Memory DDR4 RAM HMAA8GR7MJR4N-WM

$499.99



USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack picture

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack

$826.09



Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot picture

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot

$285.90



Samsung (8X16GB) 128GB 2Rx8 PC4-3200AA-RE2-12 Registered ECC Memory DDR4 picture

Samsung (8X16GB) 128GB 2Rx8 PC4-3200AA-RE2-12 Registered ECC Memory DDR4

$849.99



Micron MTA18ASF2G72PDZ-3G2J3 16GB 2Rx8 PC4-3200AA DDR4 ECC Server Memory RDIMM picture

Micron MTA18ASF2G72PDZ-3G2J3 16GB 2Rx8 PC4-3200AA DDR4 ECC Server Memory RDIMM

$114.95



2 Pack USB C SD TF Card Reader Adapter Zinc Alloy USB-C to USB for iPhone 15-17 picture

2 Pack USB C SD TF Card Reader Adapter Zinc Alloy USB-C to USB for iPhone 15-17

$3.35