I have installed knoppix 6.1 to a USB stick with persistent image with no problems. I have also manually installed the nvidia proprietary driver and this works, no issues here. However, I would like knoppix to boot directly to the Compiz desktop. The only way I can invoke Compiz at the moment is by dropping to init 3 executing nvidia-xconfig and then returning to the desktop via init 5 even though "Device" is set to nvidia as opposed to nv in the xorg.conf file and everything appears to be in order regarding composite settings. As I said Compiz works, I'd just like to be able to boot directly into Compiz. Please advise. TIA.
Edit: Actually the problem seems to be that knoppix overites the xorg.conf file on each start. I can edit the file and and restart the xserver with compiz during a session but when I boot up the file is over written again. Ideas?
Edit: Edit: The problem appears to be that xorg.conf is regenerated on every boot. How do I stop this behaviour.
Edit:Edit:Edit: Fixed up! I just need to pass a number of boot options at start up to resolve the problem.

185--Sonnet Crescendo G3 PPCG3-375-5-K-06 G3 Add-On Card for Vintage Mac
$90.00
VINTAGE Apple Mac OS X Computer Monitor
$250.00
Vintage Mac System 7 Personal Upgrade Kit Apple Software 3.5” Floppy 1991 NEW
$142.45
Vintage 1998 iMac G3 M4984 Mac OS + Keyboard Working but Needs Some Repair Read
$295.00
Vintage Apple Mac OS 9 Retail Box 1999 Sherlock 2 Original CD Manuals
$50.00
Vintage Apple Computer Macintosh Rainbow Logo Decal Stickers – 4 Sheets of 4
$99.99
Becton-Dickinson Mac Acquisition Card 03-20061 Vintage For Apple NuBus
$129.00
Apple Macintosh Plus 1MB M0001A Vintage Computer **TURNS ON **
$99.99
Apple Power Macintosh PowerPC 7300/200 VTG w Keyboard Mouse Storage Drive Read
$199.99
Vintage Apple PowerBook 15” G4 “Aluminum” (1.25GHz/2gb/150gb/Tiger) 2
$109.99