I have installed knoppix 6.1 to a USB stick with persistent image with no problems. I have also manually installed the nvidia proprietary driver and this works, no issues here. However, I would like knoppix to boot directly to the Compiz desktop. The only way I can invoke Compiz at the moment is by dropping to init 3 executing nvidia-xconfig and then returning to the desktop via init 5 even though "Device" is set to nvidia as opposed to nv in the xorg.conf file and everything appears to be in order regarding composite settings. As I said Compiz works, I'd just like to be able to boot directly into Compiz. Please advise. TIA.
Edit: Actually the problem seems to be that knoppix overites the xorg.conf file on each start. I can edit the file and and restart the xserver with compiz during a session but when I boot up the file is over written again. Ideas?
Edit: Edit: The problem appears to be that xorg.conf is regenerated on every boot. How do I stop this behaviour.
Edit:Edit:Edit: Fixed up! I just need to pass a number of boot options at start up to resolve the problem.

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED
$34.95
Lot of 4 USED IPitomy IP620-B with IPX-32 DSS Expansion Module VoIP Phone POE
$225.00
Lot of 9 Used IPitomy IP320-P HD POE Voice Speakerphone 12-Line VoIP Phone
$225.00
SIM Bank 32 SIM Card Slots Ethernet SIM Server for GoIP
$400.00
Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply
$25.00
Grandstream HT701 1-Port FXS Analog Telephone Adapter ATA VoIP Gateway -Free S/H
$19.99
Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone
$49.28
Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB
$27.07
Set of 5 USED IPitomy IP620-B HD VoIP 6-Line IP Phone Speakerphone Ethernet POE
$149.00
Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019
$49.99