-
Boot into Compiz DE
I have installed knoppix 6.1 to a USB stick with persistent image with no problems. I have also manually installed the nvidia proprietary driver and this works, no issues here. However, I would like knoppix to boot directly to the Compiz desktop. The only way I can invoke Compiz at the moment is by dropping to init 3 executing nvidia-xconfig and then returning to the desktop via init 5 even though "Device" is set to nvidia as opposed to nv in the xorg.conf file and everything appears to be in order regarding composite settings. As I said Compiz works, I'd just like to be able to boot directly into Compiz. Please advise. TIA.
Edit: Actually the problem seems to be that knoppix overites the xorg.conf file on each start. I can edit the file and and restart the xserver with compiz during a session but when I boot up the file is over written again. Ideas?
Edit: Edit: The problem appears to be that xorg.conf is regenerated on every boot. How do I stop this behaviour.
Edit:Edit:Edit: Fixed up! I just need to pass a number of boot options at start up to resolve the problem.
Similar Threads
-
By woodsmoke in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-28-2010, 06:03 AM
-
By jak in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-30-2009, 11:34 PM
-
By RoyalMail in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-29-2009, 11:52 AM
-
By d3l0n in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-14-2008, 12:33 AM
-
By jtouso in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-27-2008, 09:45 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00

Dell PowerEdge FC430 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2630v4 20 Cores FX2 FX2s No RAM/HDD
$119.99

Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working
$149.99

Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB
$149.99

NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER
$1499.97

Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays
$799.99

Cisco B200 M3 2x E5-2670V2 10 Core 8x 16GB-128GB Ram Blade Server VIC1240 14900R
$399.00

Dell PowerEdge VRTX 2.5"x25 Bay Blade Enclosure 4x1600W + 4X M640 (4X Blades)
$1599.99

Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR
$95.20

Dell Poweredge VRTX 25Bay 2.5" 2x PERC 8, 2xCMC, I/O 1GB Pass Through, 4x PS
$578.08