I have installed knoppix 6.1 to a USB stick with persistent image with no problems. I have also manually installed the nvidia proprietary driver and this works, no issues here. However, I would like knoppix to boot directly to the Compiz desktop. The only way I can invoke Compiz at the moment is by dropping to init 3 executing nvidia-xconfig and then returning to the desktop via init 5 even though "Device" is set to nvidia as opposed to nv in the xorg.conf file and everything appears to be in order regarding composite settings. As I said Compiz works, I'd just like to be able to boot directly into Compiz. Please advise. TIA.
Edit: Actually the problem seems to be that knoppix overites the xorg.conf file on each start. I can edit the file and and restart the xserver with compiz during a session but when I boot up the file is over written again. Ideas?
Edit: Edit: The problem appears to be that xorg.conf is regenerated on every boot. How do I stop this behaviour.
Edit:Edit:Edit: Fixed up! I just need to pass a number of boot options at start up to resolve the problem.

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED
$34.95
SIM Bank 32 SIM Card Slots Ethernet SIM Server for GoIP
$400.00
Cisco IP Phone CP-8821 No Battery C2-F3
$185.00
Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019
$49.99
Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply
$25.00
5 Allworx Verge 9312 VoIP IP Phone 12-Line Speakerphone Black RJ-45 MPN 8113120
$999.00
Lot of 10 Cisco CP-8851 5-Line VoIP Business Phone w/ Stand
$249.95
Yealink SIP-T44W VoIP Phone 12-Line Gigabit Speakerphone RJ-45 Gray/Black
$44.00
Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone
$49.28
Cisco CP-8841 IP Phone Charcoal Handset And Stand Included
$27.99