-
Boot bug in KNOPPIX 6.0.1 hard drive install??
I have a puzzling problem with KNOPPIX 6.0.1. When I put the disc in my CDrom drive it boots normally and everything seems to work fine. But when I install the system to hard drive the system boots to a normal appearing desktop but the mouse is inoperable.
I have re-installed the OS to hard drive at least five times with the same result. I have done everything I could imagine to the /etc/X11/xorg.conf file starting with:
# Xorg -configure
# X -xf86config /root/xorg.conf.new
My system is a desktop 64 bit AMD sempron 2800+ (K8 upgrade). My mouse is an ImPS/2 Generic Wheel Mouse ("Cozy Mouse" made China).
I am not a computer expert and I'm fairly new to Linux, so if you send me a fix please be verbose. I'll send a copy of the
/var/log/Xorg.0.log to anyone interested (I'm not on line and don't get to Internet cafes for e-mail regularly.)
Take care, Andy Van't Hul
Similar Threads
-
By netfun81 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-17-2009, 07:10 PM
-
By alisoncolette in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-13-2009, 05:45 PM
-
By ReuvenNY in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-09-2005, 03:36 AM
-
By bugsy in forum General Support
Replies: 19
Last Post: 12-31-2004, 05:43 AM
-
By bubazoo in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-08-2003, 01:27 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description)
$59.00

Intel Core i5-12400 Processor SRL4V
$115.00

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99

(LOT OF 20) Intel Core i5-8400 CPU 2.80GHz Desktop Processor (SR3QT)
$700.00

Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151
$79.99

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99

Intel Core i7-9700K Octa-Core 3.6 GHz Desktop CPU
$99.99

Intel Core i7-4770 3.40GHz Quad Core SR149 LGA 1150 CPU Processor tested
$35.00

Intel Core i5-9500 3.0 GHz 8 GT/s LGA 1151 Desktop CPU Processor SRF4B
$48.99