Okay, here is everything I've done in a nutshell.
Install Knoppix 6 to HD
Updated the source.list to lenny's and did an apt-get upgrade/dist-upgrade
Installed kdm and kde-core
At this point, everything was working fine. Tested everything, including kdm and kde-core.
After that, I installed kde-desktop. And suddenly I KNetworkManager can't see my network devices, and I can't use the net. Kwifimanager sees and connects to my wifi network, but I still can't access the internet. I can see both my network devices (eth0 and the wlan) in the network setings thingie.
Any tips to a linux newbie on where to look next? (I know it's 'wrong' for a linux newb to go with knoppix 6, but I wanna learn and all I want is a nod in the right direction)

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED
$34.95
Grandstream GXW4224 24-Line FXS Analog VoIP Gateway, Ethernet RJ-45 Black
$165.00
Lot of 4 USED IPitomy IP620-B with IPX-32 DSS Expansion Module VoIP Phone POE
$225.00
Lot of 9 Used IPitomy IP320-P HD POE Voice Speakerphone 12-Line VoIP Phone
$225.00
Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply
$25.00
NEW Cisco CP-840 Wireless WiFi IP VoIP Phone 840 w Battery Charger Cable
$800.00
Grandstream HT701 1-Port FXS Analog Telephone Adapter ATA VoIP Gateway -Free S/H
$19.99
Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone
$49.28
Set of 5 USED IPitomy IP620-B HD VoIP 6-Line IP Phone Speakerphone Ethernet POE
$149.00
SIM Bank 32 SIM Card Slots Ethernet SIM Server for GoIP
$400.00