-
Networking issues after installing KDE on a 6.0 install...
Okay, here is everything I've done in a nutshell.
Install Knoppix 6 to HD
Updated the source.list to lenny's and did an apt-get upgrade/dist-upgrade
Installed kdm and kde-core
At this point, everything was working fine. Tested everything, including kdm and kde-core.
After that, I installed kde-desktop. And suddenly I KNetworkManager can't see my network devices, and I can't use the net. Kwifimanager sees and connects to my wifi network, but I still can't access the internet. I can see both my network devices (eth0 and the wlan) in the network setings thingie.
Any tips to a linux newbie on where to look next? (I know it's 'wrong' for a linux newb to go with knoppix 6, but I wanna learn and all I want is a nod in the right direction)
Similar Threads
-
By bekrul in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-19-2005, 10:27 PM
-
By spartn119 in forum Networking
Replies: 8
Last Post: 06-04-2004, 05:58 AM
-
By edpi in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-10-2004, 02:32 AM
-
By jhrich in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-05-2003, 10:50 PM
-
By kaplanfx in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-25-2003, 03:56 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

S-100 Vector Graphic 64K Ram Board (Altair, IMSAI)
$99.95

S-100 Vector Graphic 12K PROM/RAM Board (Altair, IMSAI)
$99.95

Computer Photo History Altair 8800 Philco 212 CDC 6600 DEC PDP-8 Apple 1 UNIVAC
$69.99

640pg Best of BYTE Magazine 1984 Mac Steve Jobs Altair 8800 IBM 5100 Bob Moog
$85.00

1979 Microprocessor Projects Altair 8800 Intel 8080 KIM-1 COSMAC Elf SWTPC 6800
$59.99

Vintage Digital Research ZSID 1.4 8" Floppy Disk CP/M Z80 Software S-100 Altair
$69.99

S-100 Industrial Micro Systems 8K Static Ram (IMS, Altair, IMSAI)
$69.95

Altair MITS S100 Backplane 8080A S-100 Replica IMSAI CP/M (bare board)
$40.00

CP/M 86 1.1R 8086 Highmonitor 8 Inch Floppy Diskette 80s IMSAI Altair
$29.99

ALTAIR Bitcoin Mining Solutions PDU IEC SERIES 100-250V 30A/24A Power Distribute
$99.00