Thanks for the reminder, Gilles.
Hello,
For those of you who just like me value a lot Knoppix (thanks Klaus for your hard work) and use it every other day
as a base platform for development or as a rescue OS, but would like the Kernel to support all the system memory
(or in other words recognize more than 4GB of memory), I would like to offer and share my work around solution:
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtop...=121968#121968 (37MB zip file)
I use a new initrd and Linux Kernel (with the large memory model) allowing to patch (using the unionfs and a cloop) at boot time
the official Knoppix ISO with the new recompiled Kernel modules (required by the new Kernel) in order to have a working system.
Besides allowing for customizations and add-ons, the ISO boot method (from a hdd or a USB dongle) is also much faster
than using a CD/DVD drive which may not even exist on some new systems.
Happy New Year !
Gilles
Thanks for the reminder, Gilles.
I like 6.2 alright, unfortunately I cant get my usb mouse to work at all on the booted DVD or the poormans install. The number pad mouse works on the DVD poormans install but not the booted DVD. The USB mouse works fine in the booted cd or poormans install cd.
I finally found a cheatcode or the lack of one that wouldn't kill my eth0 network adapter, noapic kills my internet. I'm booting a poormans install with grub2 pretty much with the isolinux.cfg menu entry as it is.
I wonder if ATAPI DVD-writers are going to be supported out of the box in the new version of Knoppix? Its a tad bit more aggravating to add hda=ide-scsi cheatcodes to grub.cfg than it was in grub legacy because it gets overwritten everytime you do the update-grub thing. Maybe you have to update it and then add them to grub.cfg aferwards?
Overall I really like it and look forward to its progress. Just gotta get that mouse working.

Vintage SMC PC110 ARCNET 8-Bit ISA Network Card Standard Microsystems Corp 1986
$112.50
7 Vintage Microsoft Software CDs Lot Windows XP Home 2000 95 Works PC
$35.98
Vintage Intel iPDS-100 Personal Development System
$1499.99
Vintage Retro Handheld Computer 386SX 16MB RAM with SVGA 512KB Video and IPS LCD
$408.47
ET-286+ Motherboard 286-10MHz w/287 FPU, 1MB RAM Vintage Original Box Mint
$99.00
Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot
$316.95
Rare Vintage Apple 820-0729-B PC Compatibility Card PCI PowerMac
$299.00
Vintage 1977 Cromemco 16KPR (16 KPR) S-100 Computer Board
$199.99
Vintage Media Vision Pro Audio Studio PAS16 ISA Sound Card 650-0060 A. PC
$90.00
Vintage Super Rare Exxon Office Supplies Keyboard Mechanical Untested* 1980-85
$499.99