Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: bootfrom cheat code not in knoppix v6.2 anymore

  1. #1
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    168

    bootfrom cheat code not in knoppix v6.2 anymore

    after going "tohd=<partition>", the "bootfrom=<partition>" didn't seem to work

    The whole idea of going "bootfrom=<partition>" is for the CD-ROM to be freed, but I got the warning:

    Please do not remove media until shutdown!

    I need to free my only DVD/CD-ROM drive. How can I make "bootfrom" work?

    Thanks
    lbrtchx

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Sunnyvale,CA,USA
    Posts
    118
    as far i know starting 6.x of knoppix most of the cheatcodes don't work.
    i have the same problem of not being able to use bootfrom from 6..0.1
    in general i have moved away fromknoppix to www.sidux.com

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    168
    ~
    Actually it seemed to work with "fromhb"
    ~
    I think knoppix at some point does not give you anymore "freedom" (or illusion thereof) that is the time to turn somewhere else for some more of it. I hate that the latest version took away konqueror, not that I liked it so much, but I like the idea of having two browsers
    ~
    I have been looking into Debian Live myself and I really like it!
    ~
    lbrtchx

Similar Threads

  1. New cheat code
    By RoyalMail in forum Ideas
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-01-2010, 05:23 PM
  2. Knoppix 5.0.1 CD / home= cheat code problem
    By marx in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-01-2006, 08:41 AM
  3. cheat code
    By srbanator in forum Tips and Tricks
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-08-2006, 11:42 AM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-03-2005, 07:40 PM
  5. Mounting SMBFS under Knoppix 2 cheat code
    By Wrfl-icon in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-25-2003, 10:38 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES picture

IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES

$108.92



Ibm Computer Tower picture

Ibm Computer Tower

$400.00



Lot of 2 IBM blade center Type H chassis 8852 picture

Lot of 2 IBM blade center Type H chassis 8852

$559.00



IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5

IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM

$149.99



IBM 4262 SYSTEM x3200 Tower - HDD Wiped, NO OS picture

IBM 4262 SYSTEM x3200 Tower - HDD Wiped, NO OS

$80.00



IBM iDataPlex dx360 M4 with 4× Xeon E5-2680 v2, 128 GB RAM, 2× QLogic picture

IBM iDataPlex dx360 M4 with 4× Xeon E5-2680 v2, 128 GB RAM, 2× QLogic

$149.00



IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU picture

IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU

$999.99



IBM Power 710 Express 8231-E2B POWER7 16GB DDR3 RAM 2U Rack Server No HDD. picture

IBM Power 710 Express 8231-E2B POWER7 16GB DDR3 RAM 2U Rack Server No HDD.

$409.99



IBM 7915 AC1 M4 E27R704 Server Intel 2650V2 32GB RAM NO HDD w/ 2x 750w PSU picture

IBM 7915 AC1 M4 E27R704 Server Intel 2650V2 32GB RAM NO HDD w/ 2x 750w PSU

$200.00



Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For  RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series picture

Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series

$281.25