Are you sure that your reader supports your card? If you have an older reader that was made for SD cards but you have a newer SDHC card, then that is most likely the source of your problem.
Has anyone dealt with this issue. I'm trying to get some pictures off my cell phone micro sd card and nothing I have tryied works. Maybe my intel internal multi card reader does not support micro sd in a SD adapter. I have gotten a standard SD card to read in Ubuntu 8.10 but not 9.04 or 9.10 . I thought something like that should just work if its going too. Thanks
Are you sure that your reader supports your card? If you have an older reader that was made for SD cards but you have a newer SDHC card, then that is most likely the source of your problem.
---
Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.
Originally Posted by Harry Kuhman
Near as I can tell from searching the name and model number of the computer, the card reader is supposed to read the following types of media:
8-in-1 digital media manager supporting the following:
* CompactFlash Card
* IBM MicroDrive
* Memory Stick
* Memory Stick Pro
* SmartMedia Card
* Secure Digital(SD)/MMC
* USB 2.0
I guess MICRO SD is not coverd. Even though its supposed to read SD cards im still having trouble doing that on all linux systems with the same card that works in ubuntu 8.10.
I found a usb device which boasts of linux, windows and mac compatability that might be what I need, If I cant get my on board reader to do it.
I think that you're focusing on the wrong thing. As long as you have the adapter that allows it to be used as a full size SD card, don't worry too much about the micro thing. Actually, the micro cards are not required to support all reading techniques that full size cards support, so it is feasible that you could run into a micro card compatibility issues, but in my experiences I've never seen one. Much more likely is that your card is the newer high capacity SDHC card and the reader, based on what you show, is only SD (SDHC is not listed). If your card is over 2 gig in size it is certainly SDHC (or even newer tehnology), and many 2 gig cards are also SDHC. Smaller cards are usually SD and not SDHC. It should be well marked, either on the micro card or on the package it came in. SDHC cards can not be read in SD readers that do not support SDHC and also will not work in older cameras, picture frames, and other equipment that was not made for SDHC. Anything made for SDHC will support SD as well. Readers will almost always spell out both and count them as different formats.
I removed the link to buy.com. No point in giving them advertising for it, particularly since as far as I can tell from the link it will not do the job for you if your problem is SDHC support (this $13 reader does not list SDHC). I had a similar problem when I got an 8 gig SDHC card for my camera, my older SD reader wouldn't accept it. I picked up an inexpensive SDHC reader mail order a few months ago for $2, have since seen sales on ones that would also work for $1 and even 69 cents, shipped. So I'm pretty negative on the buy.com approach (and have had a few problems ordering from them). If you really want a micro reader (avoids needing an adapter but then you will not have a reader for full size SDHC cards, I saw a tiny USB micro reader with a 4 gig micro-SDHC memory card at Target a month ago for $9.99. Might have been a sale price but I doubt if it would be much more now, and a far better deal than buying just a reader without a card for 13 bucks.
---
Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.
Originally Posted by Harry Kuhman
My card is an sdhc as you suspected. I hadn't even noticed it. I wonder if my internal card would read a non high capacity micro disk??
I borrowed a friends 35 in 1 card reader that plugs into a usb port and got all the pictures off my micro sd with no problem. sd micro into an sd adapter and then into the usb adapter and into the computer. Worked like a charm. I guess I need to get something similar. Thanks for the input.

Dell - XPS 13.4" 3K Touchscreen Laptop - Intel Core 5 Series 3 320 2026 - 8GB...
$599.99
OPNsense Firewall 8-Core Atom C3758 4GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN
$95.00
Clear Touch Interactive Module CTI PCMOD PC55 ST i5 6core,8GB DDR4,256GB SSD NEW
$225.00
Dell Latitude 7200 Touch Tablet Laptop 12” Core i5 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$229.99
AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 Zen 5 Desktop Processor NEW
$395.00
HP - OmniBook 3 - 14" 2K OLED Laptop - Snapdragon X (8-Core CPU) - 8GB Memory...
$399.99
AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-Core 3.4GHz Socket AM4 CPU Processor….
$309.99
*Brand New-Factory Sealed* AMD Ryzen 7 9850X3D 8-Core 5.6GHz AM5 00-100001973WOF
$429.00
Intel XEON Gold 6134 3.2GHZ 8 CORE 24.75MB L3 Cache 130W Processor
$39.99
Dell Optiplex 5060 SFF Intel Core i5-8600 3.1 GHz 8 GB RAM No HDD No OS
$99.99