Quote Originally Posted by Harry Kuhman
Sounds like you just had a bad burn, and that when you burned it again you got a working disc.

I'm amazed that you didn't do the md5 test though. It is so simple and so definitive. After having a problem with a burn I would never try another piece of media before I did the test. It is so darn easy to do and so helpful, I'm just amazed that so many people seem to think that they have never done one before so they should keep skipping over it. Believe me, it is well worth taking less than five minutes to learn to do this right, it can be used for many things.

I strongly urge that you don't delete anything from Knoppix, at least if the partition is formatted with NTFS. If you do so you might (eventually will) corrupt the disc further and may not be able to retrieve the rest of your files.

If you are having problems viewing video with Knoppix that is forcing resets, I suggest not viewing the files with Knoppix. Transfer them to another system. Focus on recovery now with Knoppix and watch your videos later.
It's not like I didn't plan on not doing the md5...I guess I just sort of misjudged my prioritizing. I figured I'd try a couple more writes because I had discs to waste and then the md5. Oh well.

Thank you for the deleting suggestion. I hadn't thought of that and had been deleting stuff. I will cease that now.

Thank you again.