If you are getting the mountain scene then I assume that you have compatible video and don't need a cheat code for that. It might help to know just what version of Knoppix that you are working with, and a general description of your hardware. I'm glad to hear that you burned the disc at slow speed. Did you use burning software loike Nero that has a verify pass and did it verify correctly? And if you used a mirror rather than the torrent, did you confirm the md5 checksum of the ISo that you downloaded? Have you any other computers that you can try booting your new disc on ? (Not giving up on this system, but it would be interesting if the disc fails on multiple systems.

You might indeed need some other cheat code to get past some other hardware issue than video, but I'm at a loss to think of what, by the time you get to the graphics you pretty much have all of the hardware detection resolved.

Although your graphics seem to indicate that you video is good, i guess there is a small chance that you are getting far enough into the video process to see the desktop but still failing somewhere. So the best that I can offer without more details on your system is, at the boot prompt, type in knoppix xmodule=vesa and see if that helps at all. I don't expect it will, but it will be worth a try.