Use gparted to create / format the drive (sda1).
then it will work...
Hi,
I'm using 6.0 to install to a flash drive. In a flash-knoppix window I get the error:
/dev/sda1: no such file or directory
Can someone please help?
Thanks,
Bob
Use gparted to create / format the drive (sda1).
then it will work...
In all my laptop computers, /dev/sda1 is the first partition on the hard disk - I would hardly attempt a flash install there. But I copy the /knoppix directory over from the usb stick after everything is set up on the stick. Use FAT32 file system there.
You may tryas root to see what the different disks and partitions are called.Code:fdisk -l
I figured out the problem. I was sold a "Fake" drive. The manufacturer said it was 32G when it was actually 4G. Unfortunately, I ruined the drive figuring that out. Chalk that up to experience.
Thanks for all your help,
Bob

Sk Hynix 8GB PC4-3200AA PC4-3200 260-Pin SO-DIMM Laptop RAM
$37.99
Corsair CMK32GX4M2B3000C15 Vengeance LPX DDR4 3000mhz Memory Kit - 32GB (2x16GB)
$164.95
G.Skill Trident Z RGB 128GB (32GBx4) DDR4 RAM 3600 (F4-3600C18Q-128GTZR)
$775.00
Corsair Vengeance DDR3 8GB 16GB 32GB 1866MHz PC3-14900 Desktop RAM Memory DIMM
$85.00
12GB DDR4 Desktop RAM PC4-2666V SK hynix
$40.00
Samsung (21x16GB) 336GB 1Rx8 PC4-3200AA, PC4-2666V Laptop Memory DDR4
$1299.00
RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED
$445.00
Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC
$29.99
Dell 16GB PC4-21300 (DDR4-2666) Memory (SNPPWR5TC16G)
$89.99
Lot of PC components. 24gb DDR4 SoDIMM, 2 512gb SSDs (windows 11) & M.2 Wifi-5
$250.00