-
USB Wireless acting funny
So, i got my father this wireless USB dongle about a year ago for his windows box. He has since decided that he wanted to switch over to Linux and I thought that Knoppix would be a great distro for him to learn off of. Everything works out of the box except for the USB wireless.
Now the thing is as generic as it can get, no model numbers or anything so I don't even know who made it. It is recognized by Knoppix 6.2 (CD edition) but doesn't see any networks through the network applet in the system tray, I went with iwconfig as I am accustomed to it and tried to get it to work that way.
However, no matter what I do, the green light on the USB wireless flashes (indacating that it's ready) but the red light never flashes indicating that it's sending or receiving data. And Link Quality, Signal level and noise level are all at 0. What am I missing here? I would like to find some way to make this thing work without ndiswrapper as I don't know that he still has the driver CD for it. His system is only about 3 years old, it runs everything else on the CD pretty good so i know that the computer can handle it.
Pantherman
Similar Threads
-
By chris-harry in forum The Lounge
Replies: 10
Last Post: 12-17-2005, 04:57 PM
-
By staticspace in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-26-2005, 08:01 AM
-
By yakirz in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 4
Last Post: 03-10-2005, 01:39 AM
-
By dave52355 in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-18-2003, 11:44 PM
-
By mack in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 10
Last Post: 08-16-2003, 11:09 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

NETGEAR GS116PP 16-Port Gigabit Ethernet Switch UNTESTED
$40.99

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99

TP-Link TL-SG2210P 10-Port Gigabit Smart Switch w/ 8-Port PoE+ NO AC SKU 25597
$36.98

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...
$9.64

Arista DCS-7050SX-64-R 48P 10GbE SFP+ 4P 40GbE QSFP+ RA Switch
$115.00

Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch
$46.99

TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed
$199.99