Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: knoppix and WLAN

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1

    knoppix and WLAN

    I own a COMPAQ Presario C700 Notebook Pc
    I've created a cd version of knoppix.
    I can load knoppix and everything works great but getting onto the internet is a different story.
    I have no means of getting onto the internet. I believe I need to get my HP Wireless assistant into my hard drive in my Local disk C. If I do that i can go into
    that disk and open it in knoppix which will hopefully find my Belkin wireless connection and connect me to the internet but im having trouble getting it into my hard disks or Local Disk C.
    Knoppix doesnt seem to be able to find my wireless card.
    Ive tried to go to the knoppix command line and type wlcardconfig but it says it cannot locate a card.
    If anyone has any other suggestions please feel free to help me out.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    204

    Re: knoppix and WLAN

    Quote Originally Posted by NAOWNER
    I own a COMPAQ Presario C700 Notebook Pc
    I've created a cd version of knoppix.
    I can load knoppix and everything works great but getting onto the internet is a different story.
    I have no means of getting onto the internet. I believe I need to get my HP Wireless assistant into my hard drive in my Local disk C. If I do that i can go into
    that disk and open it in knoppix which will hopefully find my Belkin wireless connection and connect me to the internet but im having trouble getting it into my hard disks or Local Disk C.
    Knoppix doesnt seem to be able to find my wireless card.
    Ive tried to go to the knoppix command line and type wlcardconfig but it says it cannot locate a card.
    If anyone has any other suggestions please feel free to help me out.
    Wireless on knoppix maybe a little tricky. Try to read the following FAQ and maybe you can find your way out.

    http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Network_...ppix_5.1.1_FAQ

    http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Network_...ppix_5.3.1_FAQ

    Rgds,
    Chip

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Nashville TN
    Posts
    29
    Version 6.2 of Knoppix just released does a much better job of detecting and configuring WLAN hardware than any version I have used before. My ASUS EeePC 900 came straight up, no fiddling. Connecting to wireless networks is almost identical to Ubuntu, must use the same configuration software.

    If you still have no joy, then setup a spare wireless router as a client bridge and plug a wire into that. Use DD-WRT on the router. Ugly but it will work.

Similar Threads

  1. WLAN problem in Knoppix 6.1 on Eee PC 4G (701)
    By Narag in forum Networking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-15-2009, 08:52 AM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-04-2006, 06:46 PM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-30-2005, 03:11 AM
  4. Knoppix WLAN issue
    By hmeyer in forum Networking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-29-2004, 10:56 AM
  5. Knoppix 3.3 wlan-ng
    By efflandt in forum Laptops
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-14-2003, 03:46 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN picture

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN

$145.00



pfSense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 8GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN picture

pfSense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 8GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN

$184.99



OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN picture

OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN

$258.00



SonicWall TZ280 Firewall 03-SSC-6933 Advanced Edition 3YR NEW SEALED picture

SonicWall TZ280 Firewall 03-SSC-6933 Advanced Edition 3YR NEW SEALED

$999.99



Firewalla Gold Pro - 10 Gbps Cyber Security Firewall picture

Firewalla Gold Pro - 10 Gbps Cyber Security Firewall

$680.00



Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F Firewall Tested Reset Deregistered OEM PSU picture

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F Firewall Tested Reset Deregistered OEM PSU

$99.99



Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F P24286-03-13 Network Firewall Security Appliance picture

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F P24286-03-13 Network Firewall Security Appliance

$155.75



Firewalla Gold Pro 10GbE Firewall Router with Rack Mount Ears and USB Key picture

Firewalla Gold Pro 10GbE Firewall Router with Rack Mount Ears and USB Key

$829.99



Cisco Meraki MX67-HW Security Appliance Firewall NEW Unused Unclaimed picture

Cisco Meraki MX67-HW Security Appliance Firewall NEW Unused Unclaimed

$202.50



Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet picture

Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet

$147.00