-
Remastering 5.3.1 DVD
I'm trying to learn to remaster Knoppix so that I can add custom software. I'm starting with the 5.3.1 DVD so that I'll have plenty of room to add what I need to the disk. I read through quite a few HOWTOs and help documents. I went through many different methods and tried a number of them so that I could learn about problems and how to solve them. The method I have used the most is the Knoppix Remastering Howto. I had some problems doing the mount on /dev before doing a chroot, but I decided to simply try to recreate the disk without any changes just to see if I could do it.
Everything in the HowTo works until I try to boot my remastered DVD. It tells me that it "Can't find KNOPPIX filesystem". I've read a number of threads here that talk about this error, but none seem to apply as I didn't change anything (purposefully). When I use the busybox shell to look at the root, the KNOPPIX folder is empty. When I go and look at the /cdrom/KNOPPIX folder, I see the KNOPPIX image file is only 321.5 MB... but if I put the DVD in my Windows box, it says that file is 4.4 GB. I also noticed that the KNOPPIX2 image file isn't present, but it doesn't appear that the boot process is even getting to the point of looking for a second image.
First, I'm wondering if I should be removing the KNOPPIX file before rebuilding the image? It almost seems like my new image is grabbing the old one as well?
Second, I don't understand what I'm doing wrong that would cause the boot process to not be able to find the filesystem?
Any help or pointers to documents that deal with this issue would be greatly appreciated.
Similar Threads
-
By wick2o in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-25-2005, 08:32 PM
-
By grexk in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-10-2005, 03:38 AM
-
By PrOCesSkIlL in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 29
Last Post: 04-02-2004, 01:32 AM
-
By dugstratton in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 3
Last Post: 02-13-2004, 01:23 AM
-
By MichielioZ in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 11
Last Post: 04-15-2003, 12:13 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor
$69.99

Intel Core i7-9700 3.00 GHz LGA 1151 Desktop CPU Processor SRG13
$79.99

Corsair RM750e 750W Fully Modular 80 Plus Gold ATX 3.1 PSU Certified Refurbished
$44.99

Intel Core i5-11500 2.70 GHz LGA 1200 Desktop CPU Processor SRKNY
$94.99

Intel Core i9-9900 | SRG18 | 3.10 GHz | 8 Cores | LOT OF 10
$1505.77

Intel Core i7-7700T 2.9GHz 8MB Socket LGA1151 Quad Core Processor SR339
$39.99

Intel Core i7-9700K Octa-Core 3.6 GHz Desktop CPU
$99.99

Intel SRG17 Core i7-9700T Desktop Processor CPU
$74.99

HP ProDesk 405 G8 Desktop AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 5650GE 16GB RAM 512GB SSD W11P
$319.99

COMBO: ASUS Prime H370M-PLUS MOTHERBOARD + i5-9400F CPU /w Heatsink + 16GB DDR4
$169.95