-
Senior Member
registered user
mount knoppix-data.img as ext3
I am using knoppix 6.0.1 but I have upgraded the kernel to new kernel ( 2.6.31.5 )
and using aufs2. But most of the scripts in the system is still based on knoppix 6.0.1.
Most notably I noticed that knoppix would mount knoppix-data.img by specifying it
as ext2 file system. I wonder why it is not mounted as ext3 file system, as it seems,
everytime the system reboot, it spends significant time doing file system check.
I did a try on mounting it as ext3 file system but I noticed that it will hang.
Perhaps aufs(2) will not work together with ext3 file system ?
( I get hang boot up too with mounting knoppix-data.img as ext2, but it's
a lot less frequent - anyone has encountered the same thing as me ? )
Appreciate input.
Similar Threads
-
By Francesco Pietra in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 6
Last Post: 10-20-2006, 09:39 PM
-
By dmizer in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 06-13-2006, 02:38 AM
-
By schreibebrett in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-24-2005, 05:11 PM
-
By wartiger in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 15
Last Post: 01-01-2005, 08:54 AM
-
By ldp in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 04-25-2004, 09:47 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

IBM Power S822 POWER8 1x CPU 32GB DDR4 RAM 2U Rack Server No HDD.
$629.99

Lot of 2 IBM blade center Type H chassis 8852
$559.00

IBM 7915 AC1 M4 E27R704 Server Intel 2650V2 32GB RAM NO HDD w/ 2x 750w PSU
$200.00

IBM System S822 Dual Socket Server Motherboard W/Cage FRU P/N: 74Y4343 Tested
$499.99

IBM 4262 SYSTEM x3200 Tower - HDD Wiped, NO OS
$80.00

IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$108.92

IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU
$999.99

Compaq ProLiant 1500R 5/100 rack server, Series 3155, with IBM 2.1GB HD, VINTAGE
$295.00

Ibm Computer Tower
$400.00

IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$149.99